in the night

Old August 3rd 06, 02:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy

Default in the night

Last night,Tuck learned:
To find the tv remote and bring it to me.
It's OK for big boys to crawl in mamma's lap
To throw the basketball into the hoop (I raised the goal) instead of drop
it in.
Human dads are not very happy when all this commotion is going on at
3:30 am.
Old August 3rd 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet B

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 08:14:21 -0500, diddy ,
clicked their heels and said:

Human dads are not very happy when all this commotion is going on at
3:30 am.

Heh - I wouldn't be either! What the hell are you doing up then? ;-D

--
Janet Boss
Old August 3rd 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy

in thread : Janet B
whittled the following words:

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 08:14:21 -0500, diddy ,
clicked their heels and said:

Human dads are not very happy when all this commotion is going on
at
3:30 am.

Heh - I wouldn't be either! What the hell are you doing up then? ;-D

I was up yesterday morning at that time with him.He got sick to his
stomach. After his recent health problems, this may have been
significant. He had septic peritonitis , and resulting adhesions as a
reaction tothe infection that caused total abdominal blockage, with some
intestinal death, requiring resection of the healthy intestines. He was
not expected to survive. However, he is still in the period where it's
likely adhesions will reform. And if they do, it can kill him. So when he
urped, I spent the rest of the evening/morning looking for "anything" that
might indicate that he was in trouble. I called my vet when he opened in
themorning, only to be told that he was several states away. I was to
report any vomiting at all. To be honest, by the time I called, I realized
it was "nothing". All eliminations were normal. He was hungry, and he
exhibited no other symptoms. However, when my vet heard this, he called and
told me to get him to MEDVET in Columbus ASAP for an xray.
MEDVET is 2 1/2 hours away. This was not a sickpuppy. We were baling hay
yesterday or lose the crop to rain today (it's raining now) It's just my
husband and myself. He didn't have anyone else to help him bale. I drive
the tractor. If he showed the slightest indication that he was sick, I
would have taken him. He was fine. And is still fine. But I had been up
early yesterday morning, We baled hay in blistering heat yesterday, and we
went to bed early. At 3:30 Tuck decided he had to go out. Well that makes
sense, his last out was very early. So I got up then, and since I had my
sleep, I stayed up and played with my puppy, who wanted to learn new stuff.

Old August 3rd 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet B

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 13:05:29 -0500, diddy ,
clicked their heels and said:

So I got up then, and since I had my
sleep, I stayed up and played with my puppy, who wanted to learn new stuff.

Glad to hear he's feeling better and glad I don't have to bale hay - I
don't tolerate heat at ALL.

--
Janet Boss
Old August 4th 06, 06:26 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paula

wrote:

At 3:30 Tuck decided he had to go out. Well that makes
sense, his last out was very early. So I got up then, and since I had my
sleep, I stayed up and played with my puppy, who wanted to learn new stuff.

He was making up for scaring you to death and being the cause of your
being tired before you even started to bale hay. He knows all about
your weakness for dogs who want to learn new stuff!!!

--
Paula
"Anyway, other people are weird, but sometimes they have candy,