Don't Use Groomingdale's Dog Grooming Wyndmoor, PA

Old August 4th 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
JaneinPA

Default Don't Use Groomingdale's Dog Grooming Wyndmoor, PA

I just want to warn dog owners in the Philadelphia area NOT to take
their pets to Groomingdale's in Wyndmoor, PA. I am heartbroken over
the "grooming" job they did to my pedigreed English Cocker Spaniel, a
former show dog.

I took him to Groomingdales at 7:30 a.m. I took pictures and grooming
information from the internet to show them how I wanted him clipped.
They made me sign a waiver that said, "we reserve the right to clip
your pet shorter than you may feel necessary if they have matted fur."
I explained that I didn't mind them cutting his feathering along the
body and on the chest a bit shorter than the picture, but that I
definitely WANTED to have this feathering kept intact. I went home and
heard nothing from them. Close to 11 a.m. I went to do some errands.
When I returned at 2, I had two messages from Groomingdales: One from
11:18 saying my dog was too matted to groom as I wanted and please
call them; And a second at 1:00 saying they couldn't reach me so they
were just going to completely shave the dog. I immediately called to
stop them, but it was too late. Now my poor dog looks like a
short-haired pointer instead of a beautiful, regal English Cocker. I
expect it will take at least a year to get him back to any semblance of
his former cut.

The matting issue was an absolute lie. He had some matting on his feet
and lower legs, but I easily combed through his chest, legs and ears
the day before this occurred. There was absolutely NO NEED to
disfigure my dog this way.

To make matters worse, the owner, Shari Weston, was incredibly rude and
hung up on me when I told her how upset I was. I called her back again
after I brought the dog home to ask WHY she shaved every last bit of
his feathering. When she heard who I was, she said, "I don't have time
to talk to you" and hung up.

I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, but
PLEASE...go anywhere else but Groomingdale's!

Old August 7th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Spot

It's fur it will grow back. It's not the end of the world and it doesn't
look like they did anything wrong. When you couldn't be reached they did
what they were asked to do and that was to remove the mats.

Celeste

oups.com...