Dog Whisperer Week on National Geographic

Old August 6th 06, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Default Dog Whisperer Week on National Geographic

Diddy,
You are very likely right about being overdefensive. When I ask a
question twice and both times the reply is "I am not dead" it does
offend me.
I also erred when I indicated that a dog she bred and sold ended up at
the shelter. She clearly said she did not breed it, bought it and sold
it...I do understand she was trying to save it.
Ya see I am slow like that I can't relate to having a dog a couple of
years and passing it on. I would keep a dog dumber than a box of rocks
till the end of time, but now I am getting way off track.
I was rude and I meant to be. I asked in the nicest of possible ways
if she ever had been faced with the death of a dog? It is either yes,
no, or go to Hell or better yet no reply.
When I go out of my way to pose a question as politely and directly as
I can and get a rude abusive answer. Hell yes I am gonna reply in
kind....
I don't deny her an opinion. I just want to know what it is. If she
is unable to give it to me or chooses not to....cool, but don't berate
me.
Ya know what they always say "when ya lay down with dogs ya get fleas"
Maybe I have been spending too much time here and picked up some ugly
habits.
My apologies Diddy for thinking you were a male. I appreciate your
attempt to enlighten me about what Amy was saying, Once again I have
sinned for trying to understand her stand on euthanasia. Diddy, did you
read my original post? Did you find it inappropriate? My cue was to
shut up when she indicated she was not dead. TWICE....How much clearer
can you say go to Hell?
Amy, I don't want any more of your abuse but since Diddy so gently
tried to rein me in can you honestly say you were speaking to me in a
civil manner or you were trying to impart any kind of an answer to me?
I think not!

Be Free,
Judy

Old August 6th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 16:28:23 -0400, (Judith
Althouse) wrote:

You are very likely right about being overdefensive. When I ask a
question twice and both times the reply is "I am not dead" it does
offend me.

Why is that offensive. Amy's premise was based on the fact that she has
not experienced death, so she feels she's not in a position to judge. So
asking her to have an answer that she has already stated she cannot give
you is a little presumptuous. And nosy.

Ya see I am slow like that I can't relate to having a dog a couple of
years and passing it on. I would keep a dog dumber than a box of rocks
till the end of time, but now I am getting way off track.

Amy trains retrievers for other people. My understanding is that it's
not uncommon in the retriever world to have a professional trainer train
and/or compete with your dog. Or, to buy a dog that is already trained,
with the intention of hunting and/or competing with it yourself.

I was rude and I meant to be. I asked in the nicest of possible ways
if she ever had been faced with the death of a dog? It is either yes,
no, or go to Hell or better yet no reply.

Your question was based on a misunderstanding of Amy's original post.
She said *she* had never experienced death first-hand (as in, she's not
one of the undead, so she's still alive). You then asked if she meant
that she had never seen a person or animal die. She said, "No, I mean I
haven't died."

And then you got in a snit. I suggest rereading the thread. Hopefully
you'll see that you were way out of line with the snarkitude, and that
Amy did not deserve it. I think you owe her an apology.

When I go out of my way to pose a question as politely and directly as
I can and get a rude abusive answer. Hell yes I am gonna reply in
kind....

Totally off the topic of death and euthanasia, but no one *ever* *owes*
you an answer. I don't care how polite and direct you are. If the
person wants to answer, great, but you are not owed it.

Second, at no time was Amy rude or abusive. *boggle*

I don't deny her an opinion. I just want to know what it is.

Know what? You sound like a spoiled brat. And I know a little
something about spoiled brats.

Ya know what they always say "when ya lay down with dogs ya get fleas"
Maybe I have been spending too much time here and picked up some ugly
habits.

Or maybe you were born nosy and no one has ever told you it's impolite?

My cue was to
shut up when she indicated she was not dead. TWICE....How much clearer
can you say go to Hell?

Where do you get "Go to Hell" when she was--repeatedly--answering your
nosypants question?

--
Shelly

You think you are killing me. I think you are committing suicide.
-- Antonio Porchia, Voces
Old August 6th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
TaraG

"Judith Althouse" wrote in message

Amy, I don't want any more of your abuse

Wow. Amy may not have answered your question within the limited scope that
you assumed was your "right", but she in no way abused you.

Tara