vaccinations

Old August 11th 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
karsan

Default vaccinations

Are vaccinations supposed to make your dog sluggish? I took my dog had
him vaccinated and he is sluggish he will not come out so we can walk
him or play with him. He cannot walk for long hours because of side
affects of vaccines my dog is really playful and I want his playful
attiude back. He kisses me and I know that he is pain so I take him
back home but he cannot even jump onto the bed like before.

Old August 11th 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky

"karsan" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Are vaccinations supposed to make your dog sluggish?

No, but sometimes that is a reaction.

You didn't mention how long it's been since the vaccination.
The last time Rocky had all of his shots in one go was the last
time he had all of his shots in one go. He got extremely
lethargic and puffed up about his snout. Since then, I split
them up - three years rabies on one visit, everything else about
three weeks later.

Old August 11th 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
pfoley

"karsan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Are vaccinations supposed to make your dog sluggish? I took my dog had
him vaccinated and he is sluggish he will not come out so we can walk
him or play with him. He cannot walk for long hours because of side
affects of vaccines my dog is really playful and I want his playful
attiude back. He kisses me and I know that he is pain so I take him
back home but he cannot even jump onto the bed like before.

==============
My dog was lethargic for two days.

Old August 11th 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Rocky" wrote in message:

Since then, I split
them up - three years rabies on one visit, everything else about
three weeks later.

I think that is the recommended route anyway. These dogs (and any future
dogs) are not getting any more vaccines than they absolutely need. Danes
are prone to vaccinosis, and I'm just titering when I can. It really is too
bad that most vets around here only carry 5-way or 7-way shots; I either
have to special order or go to the holistic vet if I want to give them
Distempter/Parvo. I'm with Jean Dodds on vaccine protocols.

Suja

Old August 11th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Mirelle

karsan wrote:
Are vaccinations supposed to make your dog sluggish? I took my dog had
him vaccinated and he is sluggish he will not come out so we can walk
him or play with him. He cannot walk for long hours because of side
affects of vaccines my dog is really playful and I want his playful
attiude back. He kisses me and I know that he is pain so I take him
back home but he cannot even jump onto the bed like before.

Just like in humans, vaccinations can kill. So watch your dog and write
down all the symptoms and if they persist, take him to the vet, with
the list of symptoms.

Mirelle