dog will not keep food down

Old August 15th 06, 07:23 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

Default dog will not keep food down

Hi I have a mix breed dog of black lab and she will not keep food
down.. She is 14 human years and we took her to the vet and he said
surgery might help but its very exspensive she will throwup for about 4
days and then be fine its happen twice this time I see big balls of
hair does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do please help

Old August 15th 06, 11:47 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi I have a mix breed dog of black lab and she will not keep food
down.. She is 14 human years and we took her to the vet and he said
surgery might help but its very exspensive

.............what was the diagnosis?

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old August 16th 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

he said he wasn't sure.. he just said she is old and her stomach
probably is not creating suliva any more.. he would not be sure unless
he did test and they were to exspensive he said.. but he just pretty
much said she is old
buglady wrote:
oups.com...

Old August 16th 06, 11:59 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

wrote in message
oups.com...
he said he wasn't sure.. he just said she is old and her stomach
probably is not creating suliva any more.. he would not be sure unless
he did test and they were to exspensive he said.. but he just pretty
much said she is old

........Actually it's the mouth that makes saliva, and it doesn't help digest
anything in the dog. Yes, your dog is old, but it still may be something
fixable. The place to start is a complete set of blood tests and maybe
X-rays, not an operation. He may suspect cancer or something, but then he
should be able to tell you why he suspects this, in other words what signs
he's seeing that tell him it's something serious. Your vet needs to
communicate better. If you are interested in helping your dog find a vet
who will talk to you.