New Pictures of my gang!

Old August 18th 03, 01:18 AM
Andrea

Default New Pictures of my gang!

More examples of abused dogs at: http://home1.gte.net/res0s12z/pics2.htm

--
-Andrea Stone
Saorsa Basenjis
http://home1.gte.net/res0s12z/
The Trolls Nest - greenmen, goblins & gargoyle wall art
www.trollsnest.com

Old August 18th 03, 02:40 AM
Rocky

Melanie L Chang said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

I expect Boo to
arrive in the mail within the week.

Forget about Boo. Who's Fan, Andrea?

--
--Matt. Rocky's a Dog.
Old August 18th 03, 02:57 AM
Tara O.

"Rocky" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Melanie L Chang said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

I expect Boo to
arrive in the mail within the week.

Forget about Boo. Who's Fan, Andrea?

She would be the very hairy, very pretty, shy girl that Andrea said I can
petsit for the rest of her life. Her name is also Fancy so I'll have to
drop my own Fancy's name and just use her regular nickname of funny-girl.
Can't be having two Fancys in the same house.

--
Tara

Old August 18th 03, 03:05 AM
Andrea

"Rocky" wrote

Who's Fan, Andrea?

That's Fancy! Our resident furry dog: http://home1.gte.net/res0s12z/fan.htm

What I can't believe is that she'll be twelve soon. Twelve! We got her as a
4 year old as a breeder placement. She'd been a kennel dog most of her life
and was very fearful and undersocialized. She still is very shy, with
people, but she's a really sweet dog. I have *never* come across another dog
that didn't like Fancy. She's submissive and non-threatening but is not a
push over either. Even Feargus' "sister" who is a rescue and crazy dog
aggressive likes her. And she's a fabulous Basenji nanny: She lays on the
floor and plays bitey-face with Bren and Boo regularly. She lets them sleep
with her in her bed, pull on her fur, etc..

And yesterday, for the first time ever, she lay on the porch with me /and
put her head on my lap/. It was pretty darned cool.

Old August 18th 03, 03:07 AM
Rocky

Tara O. said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Forget about Boo. Who's Fan, Andrea?

She would be the very hairy, very pretty, shy girl that
Andrea said I can petsit for the rest of her life. Her
name is also Fancy so I'll have to drop my own Fancy's name
and just use her regular nickname of funny-girl. Can't be
having two Fancys in the same house.

The short version: she's spoken for.

Sigh. Once again I'm too late for a shy, pretty, very hairy
girl.

--
--Matt. Rocky's a Dog.
Old August 18th 03, 03:11 AM
Rocky

Andrea said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Who's Fan, Andrea?

That's Fancy! Our resident furry dog:
http://home1.gte.net/res0s12z/fan.htm

Ahh. I love the picture where you've raw fed her a Basenji!

--
--Matt. Rocky's a Dog.
Old August 18th 03, 03:12 AM
Rocky

Andrea said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

And yesterday, for the first time ever, she lay on the
porch with me /and put her head on my lap/. It was pretty
darned cool.

I forgot to mention - that *is* pretty darn cool.

--
--Matt. Rocky's a Dog.
Old August 18th 03, 03:50 AM
Debbie the Underdogged

In article ,
says...
Andrea ) wrote:
: More examples of abused dogs at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0s12z/pics2.htm

You clearly cannot responsibly manage that many Basenjis. I expect Boo to
arrive in the mail within the week. Thank you for your cooperation.

And I want Brenna. When can I come pick her up?

Seriously, at the vet yesterday, while I was waiting for "Miss Priss
I'm-going-to-scream-like-I'm-being-killed-even-though-this-is-a-routine-
anal-gland-expressing" Dolly, I crouched down a respectable distance
from a waiting Basenji and said hi. He came up to me and leaned against
me. Are Basenjis normally leaners? I was surprised (and
thrilled) enough that he actually come over and seemed to enjoy the
petting. I'm more used to the "you're not my person so I'm going to
ignore you" type.

Andrea, if you ever hear of a young adult who gets along with small dogs
and cats and would be a good agility candidate . . .
--
Debbie the Underdogged das at spamcop dot net
"I'm not crazy, I've just been in a very bad mood for 40 years."
Old August 18th 03, 03:51 AM
Debbie the Underdogged

In article [email protected], [email protected]
dog.com says...
Andrea said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Who's Fan, Andrea?

That's Fancy! Our resident furry dog:
http://home1.gte.net/res0s12z/fan.htm

Ahh. I love the picture where you've raw fed her a Basenji!

What a great photo! She is so adorable! Those ears!
Old August 18th 03, 04:02 AM
Rocky

Debbie the Underdogged said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Andrea, if you ever hear of a young adult who gets along
with small dogs and cats and would be a good agility
candidate . . .

Ahem. We're talking Basenji here.

--
--Matt. Rocky's a Dog.