Dog likes to drag cats

Old August 17th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default Dog likes to drag cats

Hi, I am new to this group and I have a puppy that likes to drag my
kittens around. She is actually very good with them except for this
particular problem. She will grab their face or their ears and just
start dragging them around the yard. The cats seemed to put up with it
but I 'm afraid she may hurt them.
We've tried several different things to get the dog to stop but nothing
works.

Thanks,
Leslie

www.palette48.etsy.com
www.sweetoutfits.com

Old August 17th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On 17 Aug 2006 11:49:53 -0700, "
wrote:

Hi, I am new to this group and I have a puppy that likes to drag my
kittens around. She is actually very good with them except for this
particular problem. She will grab their face or their ears and just
start dragging them around the yard. The cats seemed to put up with it
but I 'm afraid she may hurt them.
We've tried several different things to get the dog to stop but nothing
works.

Get bigger cats.

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

Who's next?
http://hotair.com/archives/2006/08/1...-months-later/
Corruption of faith?
http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...rticle_id=5764
Why diplomacy is almost always a sham:
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/webl...Lebano n&only
There will be no "peaceful solution":
http://www.dailypundit.com/2006/08/r...le_thing_1.php
The family that kills together...
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/webl..._Together&only
Indeed, those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them.
Historians: Warsaw Ghetto Uprising was Overreaction
http://thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=797
Do you know what happens when bad behavior is reinforced and rewarded?
http://drsanity.blogspot.com/2006/08...-disaster.html
So much for the "reality based community."
Rednecks, White Power, and Blue States:
http://andune.blogspot.com/2006/08/r...ue-states.html
Five Minutes to Midnight:
http://corner.nationalreview.com/pos...Y0M2ZiMGFkNGI=
Let the Jews Die:
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...e.asp?ID=23822
Fauxtography:
http://hotair.com/archives/2006/08/10/fauxtography/
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/webl...elmet_Guy&only
http://www.aish.com/movies/PhotoFraud.asp
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/webl...Pallywood&only
Well, *this* certainly isn't good news:
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash4.htm
The Brink of Madness. A familiar place.
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...Q4OWMzNDhmMzk=
Obsession: Radical Islam’s War with the West (a must-see movie!):
http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/
Old August 17th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

Handsome Jack Morrison wrote:
On 17 Aug 2006 11:49:53 -0700, "
wrote:

Hi, I am new to this group and I have a puppy that likes to drag my
kittens around. She is actually very good with them except for this
particular problem. She will grab their face or their ears and just
start dragging them around the yard. The cats seemed to put up with it
but I 'm afraid she may hurt them.
We've tried several different things to get the dog to stop but nothing
works.

Get bigger cats.

Rats. I had bet myself that you were going to say "don't let her do
that", which is what was going through my mind as I read the OP's post.

Mustang Sally

Old August 17th 06, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

wrote:

Hi, I am new to this group and I have a puppy that likes to drag my
kittens around. She is actually very good with them except for this
particular problem. She will grab their face or their ears and just
start dragging them around the yard. The cats seemed to put up with it
but I 'm afraid she may hurt them.
We've tried several different things to get the dog to stop but nothing
works.

Get bigger cats.

Rats. I had bet myself that you were going to say "don't let her do
that", which is what was going through my mind as I read the OP's post.

I thought I'd try another approach this time.

One can never have enough approaches, can one?

Old August 17th 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

wrote:

Hi, I am new to this group and I have a puppy that likes to drag my
kittens around. She is actually very good with them except for this
particular problem. She will grab their face or their ears and just
start dragging them around the yard. The cats seemed to put up with it
but I 'm afraid she may hurt them.
We've tried several different things to get the dog to stop but nothing
works.

Get bigger cats.

Rats. I had bet myself that you were going to say "don't let her do
that", which is what was going through my mind as I read the OP's post.

I thought I'd try another approach this time.

One can never have enough approaches, can one?

Well, we know that there is usually more than one way to solve most
specific dog behavior problems, and certainly if the cats were big
enough, that would work.

Mustang Sally

Old August 17th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On 17 Aug 2006 13:01:11 -0700, "sighthounds & siberians"
wrote:

[]
Hi, I am new to this group and I have a puppy that likes to drag my
kittens around. She is actually very good with them except for this
particular problem. She will grab their face or their ears and just
start dragging them around the yard. The cats seemed to put up with it
but I 'm afraid she may hurt them.
We've tried several different things to get the dog to stop but nothing
works.

Get bigger cats.

Rats. I had bet myself that you were going to say "don't let her do
that", which is what was going through my mind as I read the OP's post.

I thought I'd try another approach this time.

One can never have enough approaches, can one?

Well, we know that there is usually more than one way to solve most
specific dog behavior problems, and certainly if the cats were big
enough, that would work.

I feared you were going to say that there's more than one way to skin
a cat.

The OP's dogs seem hellbent on finding them, too.

Old August 17th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

I knew a Golden Retriever who would "retrieve" adult cats. Wouldn't
hurt them, but his face would get all scratched up by the cat. I know
the owners never got him to stop doing that, but I also know they
didn't try very hard. Just wanted to wish you good luck.

Old August 17th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On 17 Aug 2006 14:15:25 -0700,
"
wrote:

I knew a Golden Retriever who would "retrieve" adult cats. Wouldn't
hurt them, but his face would get all scratched up by the cat. I know
the owners never got him to stop doing that, but I also know they
didn't try very hard.

As the one-time owner of a dog who nearly lost an eye from a cat
scratch, I hope the OP stops allowing the dog to molest the cats. Cat
scratches to the eyeball are a not unlikely outcome, and they are bad
news.

--
Shelly

I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning to sail my ship.
-- Louisa May Alcott
Old August 17th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet B

On 17 Aug 2006 14:15:25 -0700,
"
, clicked their heels and
said:

I know
the owners never got him to stop doing that, but I also know they
didn't try very hard.

Geez. Definitely a "don't let him do that" situation. You gotta
wonder sometimes - does anyone own a leash? Do they ever tell the dog
to stop it? Do they teach a recall? It just isn't that hard!

--
Janet Boss
Old August 17th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.animals.dog,alt.med.veterinary
Matthew

"Mirelle"

And you have to bring them attention delete them kill file them and move on
like the rest of us