Zipper playiing "pretty boy," cross fingers please!

Old August 18th 06, 12:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Robin Nuttall

Default Zipper playiing "pretty boy," cross fingers please!

For the first time in 4 years, I have a dog going into the breed ring.
For the first time ever, I have an actual handler taking said dog into
the ring.

Zipper is entered in Burlington, IA this weekend (1 or 2 points). Then
he goes to Kansas City next week for four straight days of Majors.

I'm not a bit worried about sending him off, his handler is also his
breeder and he'll probably get pampered far more than when he's at my
house grin. But I'll miss the little snot! I'll get him back Sunday
for a day or so, then send him out again.

So keep your fingers crossed that the majors hold and that he behaves
himself and doesn't offer his newest favoritest trick to the judge,
which is sitting, then downing. And that the mysterious sore on his lip
on the show side clears up--I swear those things *know* when you're
going to show and poke up just to spite you...
Old August 19th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Rocky

Robin Nuttall said in
rec.pets.dogs.activities:

I'm not a bit worried about sending him off, his handler is
also his breeder and he'll probably get pampered far more
than when he's at my house grin. B

Good luck! One of my daycare dogs needs a major before his
"snip-snip." Every local show I go and cheer him on - maybe
Friday will like him better post-op.

Old August 19th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Robin Nuttall

Rocky wrote:
Robin Nuttall said in
rec.pets.dogs.activities:

I'm not a bit worried about sending him off, his handler is
also his breeder and he'll probably get pampered far more
than when he's at my house grin. B

Good luck! One of my daycare dogs needs a major before his
"snip-snip." Every local show I go and cheer him on - maybe
Friday will like him better post-op.

I'm not planning on snipping Zipper any time soon. There's pretty
convincing evidence that male dogs have a fair number of rather
unpleasant consequences from being neutered--increased hypothyroidism,
increased incidence of ACL injuries, etc.

Besides, he's a really, really nice dog. I may actually want something
out of him someday (given he fulfulls his promise in both the breed and
agility rings and passes exams for patellar luxation, LCP, and CERF).
And I know you and Diddy know I wouldn't breed just anything, I'm
throwing that in for any of the other folks who might be reading.

Old August 19th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
[email protected]

In rec.pets.dogs.activities Robin Nuttall wrote:

So keep your fingers crossed that the majors hold and that he behaves
himself and doesn't offer his newest favoritest trick to the judge,
which is sitting, then downing. And that the mysterious sore on his lip
on the show side clears up--I swear those things *know* when you're
going to show and poke up just to spite you...

Good luck!
--
Diane Blackman
There is no moral victory in proclaiming to abhor violence
Old August 19th 06, 11:43 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
chris jung

"Robin Nuttall" wrote in message
For the first time in 4 years, I have a dog going into the breed ring. For
the first time ever, I have an actual handler taking said dog into the
ring.

Zipper is entered in Burlington, IA this weekend (1 or 2 points). .

Hey, that's my hometown - well it's my birthplace, my hometown is about 13
miles further north. How far is that to go for one or two points? Though
I'm guessing she has a bunch of dogs to show to make the trip worthwhile.

Then
he goes to Kansas City next week for four straight days of Majors
I'm not a bit worried about sending him off, his handler is also his
breeder and he'll probably get pampered far more than when he's at my
house grin. But I'll miss the little snot! I'll get him back Sunday for
a day or so, then send him out again.

Good luck on the majors. A long-timer in our DTC has gotten back into the
dog show game with a little Min-Pin and from reading our most recent
newsletter, it's kicking some breed ring butt (has a group 1). She has an
older rescue Min-Pin named Stella Luna - maybe 5 lbs soaking wet - who has
Pablo under her dewclaw. (My memory is shot - Stella may not be a from a
rescue, but instead a hard luck case that came through her vet clinic).
This lady also has rotties and Stella rules over them with an iron paw.

Chris and her smoothies,
Pablo & Lucy

Old August 19th 06, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Robin Nuttall

chris jung wrote:

"Robin Nuttall" wrote in message

For the first time in 4 years, I have a dog going into the breed ring. For
the first time ever, I have an actual handler taking said dog into the
ring.

Zipper is entered in Burlington, IA this weekend (1 or 2 points). .

Hey, that's my hometown - well it's my birthplace, my hometown is about 13
miles further north. How far is that to go for one or two points? Though
I'm guessing she has a bunch of dogs to show to make the trip worthwhile.

She's specialling Nancy who was BOB at Westminster, BOB at the Min Pin
National, won the Top 20 at the Min Pin National, and just picked up a
BIS last month. I don't think she has a huge string, and for her,
Burlington isn't that far--she has flown to shows all over the place.

Good luck on the majors. A long-timer in our DTC has gotten back into the
dog show game with a little Min-Pin and from reading our most recent
newsletter, it's kicking some breed ring butt (has a group 1). She has an
older rescue Min-Pin named Stella Luna - maybe 5 lbs soaking wet - who has
Pablo under her dewclaw. (My memory is shot - Stella may not be a from a
rescue, but instead a hard luck case that came through her vet clinic).
This lady also has rotties and Stella rules over them with an iron paw.

Zip weighs about 9 pounds, but he's right at the top of the standard-- a
bit over 12" at the shoulder. He has both girls wrapped around his tiny
little paw--they adore him and put up with an amazing amount of s**t
from him (like flinging himself into their faces growling like a
maniac). It's great that they're so indulgent, but he now has a bad
habit of flinging himself at any dog he sees as his "play greeting." I
have to be really careful!