best solution to get lab oil & smell out of upholstery? vinegar?

Old August 19th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Notgiven

Default best solution to get lab oil & smell out of upholstery? vinegar?

I have been told labs have an oil that comes off on upholstery. I have some
nice fabric the dog has laid on for several years. I don't expect to get it
back to perfect but taking the smell out would be great. It's not urine,
but rather an "old dog" smell.

My wife asked me about vinegar and I am willing to try most anything except
expensive cleaners when one has told me his cleaners won't get it.

Any ideas?

Old August 20th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Spot

If you don't have a rug scrubber rent one with a upholstery attachment and
clean it that way. I use mine on the furniture and it cleans up nicely. I
would also buy the solution that is made for pet odor it works so much
better.

Celeste
.. .