scary snake photos

Old August 21st 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

Default scary snake photos

Well, actually they are scary snake skin photos. I went outside with the
dogs after I got home from work and this is what I saw 2 feet from the
bottom step! Luckily it was only a skin and not a snake but that means the
snake was there (which is scary when you have small dogs). I think I need
to move to a big city where I don't have to deal with snakes, hawks and
owls! oh my.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...e&conn_speed=1

Old August 21st 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Debbie the Dogged

In article , says...
Well, actually they are scary snake skin photos. I went outside with the
dogs after I got home from work and this is what I saw 2 feet from the
bottom step! Luckily it was only a skin and not a snake but that means the
snake was there (which is scary when you have small dogs). I think I need
to move to a big city where I don't have to deal with snakes, hawks and
owls! oh my.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...e&conn_speed=1

That would be disturbing.

I live in the city (Seattle) and my neighbor had a pair of bald eagles
nesting in one of his trees for a couple of years. I kept a very close
eye on my small dogs during that time period. We still have kestrels
flying around, but I think they're too small to carry off a 6 pound dog
- hopefully. We've also had numerous in-city coyote sightings -
including a youngster who found his way into a downtown office building
a couple of years ago (captured safely and released back into the wild).
--
Debbie the Dogged das at spamcop dot net
http://web.newsguy.com/debbiethedogged/
Old August 21st 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:49:56 -0400, "MauiJNP" wrote:
I think I need
to move to a big city where I don't have to deal with snakes, hawks and
owls! oh my.

[]

Me thinks you'll find even more snakes in the big city.

Not to mention rats and piranha.

Heh.

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

How To Negotiate With Terrorists:
http://hurricaneharry.blogspot.com/2...errorists.html
Looking for the Will Beyond the Battlefield.
http://makeashorterlink.com/?K1226289D
Melanie Phillips on "Londonistan"
http://hotair.com/archives/2006/08/2...n-londonistan/
Our kids watch the Muppets. Muslim kids watch this:
http://www.memritv.org/Search.asp?ACT=S5&P1=165#
France to send cooks, can-can dancers, and mimes to augment UN forces in Lebanon, but no actual soldiers!
http://www.wtkr.com/Global/story.asp?S=5290403&nav=0oa8
Who's next?
http://hotair.com/archives/2006/08/1...-months-later/
Do you know what happens when bad behavior is reinforced and rewarded?
http://drsanity.blogspot.com/2006/08...-disaster.html
Five Minutes to Midnight:
http://corner.nationalreview.com/pos...Y0M2ZiMGFkNGI=
Let the Jews Die:
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...e.asp?ID=23822
Well, *this* certainly isn't good news:
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash4.htm
The Brink of Madness. A familiar place.
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...Q4OWMzNDhmMzk=
Obsession: Radical Islam’s War with the West (a must-see movie!):
http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/
Old August 21st 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ceb

"MauiJNP" wrote in
:

Well, actually they are scary snake skin photos. I went outside with
the dogs after I got home from work and this is what I saw 2 feet from
the bottom step! Luckily it was only a skin and not a snake but that
means the snake was there (which is scary when you have small dogs).
I think I need to move to a big city where I don't have to deal with
snakes, hawks and owls! oh my.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...6orit&Uy=-lf4p
7j&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&U x=0&mode=fromshare&co
nn_speed=1

That really is scary!

--
Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old August 21st 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:49:56 -0400 MauiJNP whittled these words:
Well, actually they are scary snake skin photos. I went outside with the
dogs after I got home from work and this is what I saw 2 feet from the
bottom step! Luckily it was only a skin and not a snake but that means the
snake was there (which is scary when you have small dogs). I think I need
to move to a big city where I don't have to deal with snakes, hawks and
owls! oh my.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...e&conn_speed=1

A very small snake skin - I was expecting a boa or python skin. Not large
enough to worry your dog. Looks like possibly a garter or racer although
of course it is hard to tell. You should be happy - keeps the other pests
down. Most snakes are harmless to dogs, even tiny ones. It is
uncommon for most North American snakes to get large enough to try
eating a 6 pound dog. And unless their lives are threatened they don't
attack what they can't eat. Even poisonous snakes try to avoid
confrontation.

--
Diane Blackman
There is no moral victory in proclaiming to abhor violence
Old August 21st 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

Well, actually they are scary snake skin photos. I went outside with the
dogs after I got home from work and this is what I saw 2 feet from the
bottom step! Luckily it was only a skin and not a snake but that means
the
snake was there (which is scary when you have small dogs). I think I
need
to move to a big city where I don't have to deal with snakes, hawks and
owls! oh my.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...e&conn_speed=1

A very small snake skin - I was expecting a boa or python skin. Not large
enough to worry your dog.

I just measured the skin and it is over 6 feet long and almost 3 inches
wide. That is big enough to be scary for me!

Looks like possibly a garter or racer although
of course it is hard to tell.

I will be surfing the computer and some snake books to see if I can find
anyway to tell what it is.

Old August 21st 06, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

"Debbie the Dogged" wrote in message
.. .
In article , says...
Well, actually they are scary snake skin photos. I went outside with the
dogs after I got home from work and this is what I saw 2 feet from the
bottom step! Luckily it was only a skin and not a snake but that means
the
snake was there (which is scary when you have small dogs). I think I
need
to move to a big city where I don't have to deal with snakes, hawks and
owls! oh my.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...e&conn_speed=1

That would be disturbing.

it was!

I live in the city (Seattle) and my neighbor had a pair of bald eagles
nesting in one of his trees for a couple of years. I kept a very close
eye on my small dogs during that time period. We still have kestrels
flying around, but I think they're too small to carry off a 6 pound dog
- hopefully. We've also had numerous in-city coyote sightings -
including a youngster who found his way into a downtown office building
a couple of years ago (captured safely and released back into the wild).

yikes, guess moving to the city isn't a sure thing either

Old August 21st 06, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

Well, actually they are scary snake skin photos. I went outside with
the dogs after I got home from work and this is what I saw 2 feet from
the bottom step! Luckily it was only a skin and not a snake but that
means the snake was there (which is scary when you have small dogs).
I think I need to move to a big city where I don't have to deal with
snakes, hawks and owls! oh my.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...6orit&Uy=-lf4p
7j&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&U x=0&mode=fromshare&co
nn_speed=1

That really is scary!

it was and I really hope I never see the snake, even if the dogs aren't
around.

Old August 21st 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Todd H.

"MauiJNP" writes:

it was and I really hope I never see the snake, even if the dogs aren't
around.

I'd especially hate to see that snake...

on a plane!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
Old August 21st 06, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Amy Dahl

MauiJNP wrote:

I just measured the skin and it is over 6 feet long and almost 3 inches
wide. That is big enough to be scary for me!

They stretch when they are shed. We have black rat snakes around
here that shed a skin about 6 feet long. They have to unhinge their
jaws to eat an egg; I don't think they could manage a small dog.

Amy Dahl

snake avoidance training? Dog behavior 6 June 18th 06 11:38 AM
Snake Avoidance & Article Dog behavior 0 September 10th 05 01:42 AM
A snake in the doghouse! good article attached Dog rescue 0 August 14th 05 12:41 AM
Snake proofing

Frank Morris Dog behavior 4 August 25th 04 02:31 AM
Blade's Birthday photos and Reznor's 1st show photos Gwen Watson Dog behavior 92 December 17th 03 07:00 PM