Red underarms in Shih Tzu

Old August 24th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Penny

Default Red underarms in Shih Tzu

Hi, I'm hoping to get some direction in caring for my 3 year old Shih Tzu,
Toby, who has reddened underarms. They don't seem to bother him much, he
does not lick or scratch them, and it might be the result of the hot, humid
weather that we have had for most of the summer. I have used soothing
ointment on it and also powder. Both seem to help a little. Has anyone
ever seen this in a sweet puppy who is otherwise in excellent health? Just
before developing this he had his annual check-up, and I will not hesitate
to take him for another if the condition does not improve. Thanks so much
for any ideas you can share with me.

--
Penny

PS: It would be nice if the trolls who seem to inhabit this list would
kindly ignore this email.

Old August 24th 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
pfoley

"Penny" wrote in message
[...]

=========
The only thing I can think of is they might be hot spots, which need a
medicine from the vet to treat.
------------------------------

Old August 24th 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article .net,
pfoley wrote:
The only thing I can think of is they might be hot spots, which need a
medicine from the vet to treat.

Hot spots are clear inflammations, which *do* bother the dog
(licking, etc.) and which usually show hair loss (due to
licking).

When I have questions like this I call my vet to ask.

Bad policies lead to bad results.

shih tzu - licking problem Mechelle Dog behavior 15 July 9th 06 01:40 AM
Shih Tzu Breeders Babs Dog breeds 1 April 13th 06 10:14 AM
2 year old Shih Tzu bit two people? Any help? Shtiz Tzu's Two Dog behavior 1 August 21st 05 04:46 PM
Baby Lab bullies Shih Tzu... Louise M. Dog behavior 6 June 14th 05 01:27 AM
Seeking help with Shih Tzu Kalyko Erdos Dog behavior 4 March 9th 05 02:09 PM