reaction to Drontal Plus Canine 20

Old August 25th 06, 04:03 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

Default reaction to Drontal Plus Canine 20

This is the 3rd time Cali threw up within a few hours of receiving this
medicine. Could the throwing up be reaction to the drontal, an allergy or
just a strange coincidence? If it matters, she got 1.5 pills and weighs 8
pounds. She tested negative for worms so this was a strategic worming,
though she had tested positive for roundworms a few weeks ago. Thanks for
any opinions.

Old August 25th 06, 05:36 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health
Dave

Does she throw up at any other time or is it only right after giving
those pills. I would say if it's only right after giving those pills
it's probably the pills. Her system might react badly to the pills or
another option is that it could just be the taste of the pills. Do you
give it in something so she can't taste it or just pop it down her
throat? I have seen cats react pretty badly to the taste of the
pills. (Drooling, vomiting, and the normal cat reactions seen with
giving cats any pills..i.e. scratching, biting, etc...)

Old August 25th 06, 02:25 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health
Anthony Ayiomamitis

My vet did forewarn me that my pet MAY throw up due to the same pills
and that it is nothing to worry about.

Anthony.

Old August 26th 06, 03:15 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

Does she throw up at any other time or is it only right after giving
those pills. I would say if it's only right after giving those pills
it's probably the pills. Her system might react badly to the pills or
another option is that it could just be the taste of the pills. Do you
give it in something so she can't taste it or just pop it down her
throat? I have seen cats react pretty badly to the taste of the
pills. (Drooling, vomiting, and the normal cat reactions seen with
giving cats any pills..i.e. scratching, biting, etc...)

She has throw up other times but she usually always throws up when given
drontal.

As for the pill, I just pop it down her throat. I never considered the
taste causing her to throw up, didn't know it was possible.

Old August 26th 06, 03:16 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

"Anthony Ayiomamitis" wrote in message
My vet did forewarn me that my pet MAY throw up due to the same pills and
that it is nothing to worry about.

I guess its nothing to worry about then

Anthony.