I thought this was going to work

Old August 29th 06, 11:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
lgohring

Default I thought this was going to work

As much as I would love to get help and advice. Your troll makes the
posts so hard to read, it's hardly worth the effort.

I would like to suggest maybe try using a MSN group. Where the
membership can be controled. Trolls can be banned and the group manager
has complete control over who is in the group and who is not. You can
even set it up so the manager has to read all posts before they show up
on the board.

This is just not working for me. That nonsence that is posted over and
over again on everyones posts does nothing but distract and annoy.

Thanks for letting me join. I may lurk for a while and see if this
nutjob gets board.

Old August 29th 06, 11:39 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Opinicus

"lgohring" wrote

As much as I would love to get help and advice. Your troll makes the
posts so hard to read, it's hardly worth the effort.

Just killfile him (and his multiple personalities). I wouldn't even know he
was in this NG at all if people didn't talk about him or quote his
babblings.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Old August 29th 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Marcel Beaudoin

"lgohring" wrote in news:1156847527.394542.304890
@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

As much as I would love to get help and advice. Your troll makes the
posts so hard to read, it's hardly worth the effort.

snip

This is just not working for me. That nonsence that is posted over and
over again on everyones posts does nothing but distract and annoy.

I recommend that you get a real newsreader. Personally, I use XNews as it
allows me to killfile Jerry and those others who annoy me. I don't see
their posts at all. It makes reading rpd* much more enjoyable. If you go
that way, you will also need to find a news provider. I use the one you can
sign up for at http://news.individual.net. It costs 10 Euro's a year, and
is amazing. Your ISP probably also provides a news feed that you should be
able to access.

Thanks for letting me join. I may lurk for a while and see if this
nutjob gets board.

He's been here the entire 4 years that I have been here.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old August 29th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky

"lgohring" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

As much as I would love to get help and advice. Your troll
makes the posts so hard to read, it's hardly worth the
effort.

That's too bad in a number of ways. Not only are you
empowering the troll by letting him chase you away (he's being
trying that with me for about 8 years), but you'll be missing
out on advice than only an unmoderated group can give you.

There are no pat answers on any forum: it's up to you to
filter the inane and insane. That you post through google
puts you at somewhat of a disadvantage and I can understand
your frustration.

Good luck, and if you want advice on using Usenet in a more
useful way, just ask. Many here will be willing to hand hold
you through it.

Old August 29th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
pfoley

"lgohring" wrote in message
oups.com...
As much as I would love to get help and advice. Your troll makes the
posts so hard to read, it's hardly worth the effort.

I would like to suggest maybe try using a MSN group. Where the
membership can be controled. Trolls can be banned and the group manager
has complete control over who is in the group and who is not. You can
even set it up so the manager has to read all posts before they show up
on the board.

This is just not working for me. That nonsence that is posted over and
over again on everyones posts does nothing but distract and annoy.

Thanks for letting me join. I may lurk for a while and see if this
nutjob gets board.

==
I just go to Message, scroll down and hit Block Sender to people like that.
---------

Old September 1st 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Choix Vox

Within rec.pets.dogs.behavior, "lgohring" wrote in crayon:

A standard complaint...

As much as I would love to get help and advice. Your troll makes
the posts so hard to read, it's hardly worth the effort.

Followed by an ad...

I would like to suggest maybe try using a MSN group. Where the
membership can be controled. Trolls can be banned and the group
manager has complete control over who is in the group and who is
not. You can even set it up so the manager has to read all posts
before they show up on the board.

And more complaints...

This is just not working for me. That nonsence that is posted
over and over again on everyones posts does nothing but distract
and annoy.

Thanks for letting me join.

Your welcome.

BTW, we didn't get your user fees or your return address so we
couldn't send you the Group Filter system that "eliminates" this
troll issue.

I may lurk for a while and see if this nutjob gets board.

Doubt it.
Just look back a few years and check for yourself.