Aroma Therapy for Dogs

Old September 2nd 06, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

Default Aroma Therapy for Dogs

I was taking a lovely walk with Blue. The air was filled with the smell
of roses. He and I both kept sniffing the roses as we passed by peoples
gardens. On the way home I decided to pick a rose that was on a friends
property who is living elsewhere for the summer. I picked the rose and
took a long sniff. I bent down so Blue could smell it. He sniffed the
rose for awhile and then he licked one of the petals. I let him smell
and lick the rose for awhile, when suddenly he took one of the petals
ever so gently and ate it. This surprised me. When I was a child I used
to eat rose petals also. It started me thinking about aroma therapy and
dogs. Has any one here used Essential Oils for their dog's health
problems? If so which ones.

Show Dog Bark

Old September 3rd 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health
Sue and Atty

wrote in message
oups.com...
snipHas any one here used Essential Oils for their dog's health
problems? If so which ones.

Show Dog Bark

We have used lavender and thyme together for a small cyste (kind of like an
inflamed/infected puppy acne) on her chin - were planning on surgery to get
rid of it, but it disappearead with the oils, basil and cypress together on
an abscessed (small) wound helped it heal very nicely, and melrose on her
paws to help with itching.

Sue and Atty
All worked very well

Old September 3rd 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

Sue and Atty wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

snipHas any one here used Essential Oils for their dog's health
problems? If so which ones.

Show Dog Bark

We have used lavender and thyme together for a small cyste (kind of like an
inflamed/infected puppy acne) on her chin -

Good to hear you can use some oils on the face.

were planning on surgery to get
rid of it, but it disappeared with the oils,

Fantastic!

basil and cypress together on
an abscessed (small) wound helped it heal very nicely, and melrose on her
paws to help with itching.

Did they come together as a combination
Or did you mix them, if so what are the proportions?

Sue and Atty
All worked very well

Glad to hear that.

Show Dog Bark

Old September 4th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

Sue and Atty wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
snipHas any one here used Essential Oils for their dog's health
problems? If so which ones.

Show Dog Bark

We have used lavender

I love Lavender oil an flowers.
It is useful for burns.
Headaches and insomnia.

and thyme together for a small cyste (kind of like an
inflamed/infected puppy acne) on her chin - were planning on surgery to get

rid of it, but it disappearead with the oils, basil and cypress together on
an abscessed (small) wound helped it heal very nicely, and melrose on her
paws to help with itching.

Golden Seal Root powder would have helped also
Made into a paste with a little water.

Sue and Atty
All worked very well

Herbs are WONDERFUL !
I learnt Herbolgy from the
Great Dr. Christopher.
I had the privilege of cooking for him for one week in Victoria
Thirty years ago.
Or I should say make lots of fruit and vegetable salads.
Only waterless cookware
Like Lifetime Cookware
That uses low heat to cook with
Was acceptable for him.
Because of his influence I use herbs
Mostly for healing.
He also taught Foot Reflexology
That I learnt from him
I use it also for healing
He let me come to all his courses for free
And did Iridology readings for free
For me and my son who was an infant at the time
All because I cooked for him
For that one week for free.
I studied with him for over two years.
Iridology is more precise in diagnosing Disease
And ALL Illnesses along with Broken Bones
Than MRI , Spect Scan, Cat Scan, Blood Work and ex-rays.
Big Business tried to SILENCE him
By sending him to jail over phony charges
Like not having a Naturopathic license in that State or Country.
He did have one in Utah as well as a License in Herbology.
He had a school for Herbology in Utah.
Threatening to the WHITE COAT DOCTORS
Who are really
PHARMACEUTICAL SALESPEOPLE.
The last time they jailed him in California
The PROTESTS were so ENORMOUS
It made all the NEWS CHANNELS.
Unfortunately he went bankrupt
Even though he worked six days a week
World wide
And flew home for Sundays
He had to spend all his income
On LAYERS FEES to keep him away
From The COWARDS who were

THREATENED by his NOTERIETY
So they PERSECUTED HIM
With trumped up charges
Making him spend FIVE years of his OVER seventy years of life
In Jail, never having committed one crime !
He was willing to MARTER HIMSELF
For the GOOD OF OTHERS
TO KNOW ABOUT NATURAL HEALING.
He died not owning a house.
Even though he worked all his life
Twelve hour days, six days a week
One week off a year only.
The man is a SIANT !
For taking on the WHITE COATS
And BIG BUSINESS PHARMACUDICAL
MURDERERS AND THIEVES !

Show Dog Bark

Old September 16th 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health
Sue and Atty

wrote in message
ups.com...
snip
basil and cypress together on
an abscessed (small) wound helped it heal very nicely, and melrose on

her
paws to help with itching.

Did they come together as a combination
Or did you mix them, if so what are the proportions?

They came separately, in syrnges without needles. We applied 1 drop of each
and rubbed them in.

Sorry it took me so long to reply - I got a little sidetracked raising a
litter of kittens that a neighborhood stray had in our window well. The
kittens are now in homes - thankfully, and my dog is VERY happy they are
gone! Next order of business - window well covers! Turns out she's now 3
and has had 26 kittens and has been very elusive to being caught so she can
be spayed. I had grand plans of catching her, but she started moving the
kittens (who I had found home for - she took 2 one day between breakfast and
lunch) and I had to leave her loose so she could nurse them (they were 5
weeks old). It wasn't my plan to take the kittens in so early, but I wanted
them off the street and had homes for them. Still trying to locate the
kittens she took. She's not brought them back to the house she eats at
yet - which she always does. When they show up, I'll try to use them to
catch her, although it's been almost 3 weeks and no kittens seen yet
sigh.........
anyway.....

Sue and Atty

Old September 17th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

Sue and Atty wrote:
snip
wrote in message
ups.com...
snip
basil and cypress together on
an abscessed (small) wound helped it heal very nicely, and melrose on

her
paws to help with itching.

snip

Did they come together as a combination
Or did you mix them, if so what are the proportions?

They came separately, in syrnges without needles. We applied 1 drop of each
and rubbed them in.

Thanks for getting back to me about the aroma therapy.
Sounds as though you have had your hands full with taking care of
kittens!
Here are a couple of photos of my 5 month pup.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jotnarin...803078249043/1

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jotnarin...803078229946/0

Show Dog Bark

snip

Old September 17th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

In rec.pets.dogs.behavior Sue and Atty wrote:
weeks old). It wasn't my plan to take the kittens in so early, but I wanted
them off the street and had homes for them. Still trying to locate the
kittens she took. She's not brought them back to the house she eats at
yet - which she always does. When they show up, I'll try to use them to
catch her, although it's been almost 3 weeks and no kittens seen yet
sigh.........
anyway.....

Tip - in the future - if at all possible snatch the kittens before
weaning. The chances of making adoptable cats out of them go way up.

--
Diane Blackman
There is no moral victory in proclaiming to abhor violence
Old September 17th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health
Sue and Atty

Default kitten update (was Aroma Therapy for Dogs)

wrote:
weeks old). It wasn't my plan to take the kittens in so early, but I

wanted
them off the street and had homes for them. Still trying to locate the
kittens she took. She's not brought them back to the house she eats at
yet - which she always does. When they show up, I'll try to use them to
catch her, although it's been almost 3 weeks and no kittens seen yet
sigh.........
anyway.....

Tip - in the future - if at all possible snatch the kittens before
weaning. The chances of making adoptable cats out of them go way up.

--
Diane Blackman
There is no moral victory in proclaiming to abhor violence
while preaching with violent words.
http://dog-play.com/ http://dogplayshops.com/

Thanks, Diane! I'm hoping not to be in the situation again grin I had
planned to take them in over the weekend, but mom had other plans, so they
came in 5 days earlier than my plan! I had been handling them and putting
them back in the window well for the 2 weeks prior (when I found them), and
they were very friendly. All I had to do was talk to them and they'd come
running. The lady who has been feeding mom had told me that they were never
able to catch the previous kittens because they were pretty wild. They're
an older couple, not able to move very quickly, though. I told her if the
missing 2 ended up showing up for food, I would bet that she could get them
and then please call me. She also told me that she was very surprised mom
left them with us for those 2 weeks - as every time they handled a litter
mom moved them that day. Since I wasn't sure how old they were, I wanted
mom to continue feeding them. My vet estimated them at 3 weeks when I found
them, but I didn't get that estimation until the day mom started moving
them, when I took pictures and videos with me to Atty's scheduled vet
appointment. Updates from the owners indicate they seem to all be doing
well and love being held and cuddled.... makes me very happy, although I
still worry about the 2 that haven't been seen.

Sue and Atty

Aroma Therapy for Dogs [email protected] Dog health 7 September 17th 06 04:25 PM
Arthritis in my lab Bob Dog health 8 March 5th 04 03:38 AM
The Therapy Patent Corporation is providing information about a new patent pending, untested, experimental therapy for treatment of leukemia, cancer, aids, poison, snake bite, drug overdose, aged persons, transfusion of large volumes of blood and all TherapyPatent Dog health 0 August 15th 03 11:02 PM
The Therapy Patent Corporation is providing information about a new patent pending, untested, experimental therapy for treatment of leukemia, cancer, aids, poison, snake bite, drug overdose, aged persons, transfusion of large volumes of blood and all TherapyPatent Dog health 0 August 7th 03 03:08 PM