Melissa - Cocker Question

Old July 16th 03, 06:09 AM
Cocker Spaniel Rescue of BC

Default Melissa - Cocker Question

Rage Syndrome occurs more often in Springer Spaniels...not heard of it
happening in Cocker Spaniels.

Black cockers are more cuddley...I have 3.

Poor breeding brings out bad temperaments in most breeds.

"C Newlin" wrote in message

"Cocker Spaniel Rescue of BC" wrote

in
message news
I must have missed this original post but blaming a dog because of its
colour is like blaming someone for something because they wear a blue

shirt.

Carol J
Cocker Spaniel Rescue of BC

Hi...just chiming in here.
I read once in a book that *black* cockers (American I think) are somewhat
prone to something called "Avalanche of Rage" (or something like that...).
My MIL is a long time cocker owner and did quite a bit of showing in the
'70s and '80s. She was familiar with the syndrome, but not any association
with color.

Just curious if its an old wive's tale or a real syndrome?
I'm a boxer person and don't really know much about cockers, but was just
curious...

Old July 16th 03, 09:08 AM
culprit

"Cocker Spaniel Rescue of BC" wrote in
message . ca...
Rage Syndrome occurs more often in Springer Spaniels...not heard of it
happening in Cocker Spaniels.

Black cockers are more cuddley...I have 3.

Poor breeding brings out bad temperaments in most breeds.

ok, i'm confused. you say that it's unfair to say buff cockers are more
prone to aggression, yet you state that black cockers are more cuddly. so
which is it? does color matter or not?

-kelly

Old July 17th 03, 10:35 PM
Cocker Spaniel Rescue of BC

In rescue, I have seen aggression in all of the varieties.

However, other traits are more prevalent in some.
For example: Black and Tan..Hyper, clowns