Poodle Quiz and Poodle Color Poll

Old September 2nd 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Sandy

Default Poodle Quiz and Poodle Color Poll

I added a Standard Poodle quiz and a poodle survey to vote for your
favorite standard poodle color to my website. See how well you do!

Sandy, Bob and Meg
http://www.standardpoodlesusa.com

Old September 3rd 06, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Toni

"Sandy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I added a Standard Poodle quiz and a poodle survey to vote for your
favorite standard poodle color to my website. See how well you do!

In the quiz you maintain that there were no red Poodles before 1980?
That's a little strange, as I bought one in 1973- there were many, many red
Poodles before 1980.

While you have a very well laid out site and have obviously spent lots of
time on it, you have a fair amount of incorrect and missing information.
What first caught my attention was the mention of Poodles not shedding on
the very first page. You then correct yourself on the grooming page with an
"actually they do" comment. What's up with that?
On your "choose a puppy page" you mention a "wirehaired type" coat. There is
only one correct Poodle coat, and you are clouding the issue here.

On the choose a puppy page you have no mention of inheritable health
problems. And while you mention a few of them on the health page, you make
no mention of testing individuals being used for breeding. You do get around
to it on the choose a breeder page, but my point is that many folks will
never make it that far- it needs to be on the puppy pages as well.

You advise picking a puppy from a third repeat breeding, never buying from a
bitch bred for the first time, and you advise buying from larger litters-
why?

You say over on your care page that the cost of maintaining a Standard is
$800 per year. Clearly this won't include grooming, which would total over
$800 alone per year in my shop.

Anyway- just a few thoughts. Some of your info is good if a bit "pet", it
just needs to be better integrated if you expect to become a recommended
site.

--
Toni
http://www.irish-wolfhounds.com