Dogs in the back of pick ups

Old September 2nd 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default Dogs in the back of pick ups

This is a real issue where I live. The pick up is just as popular
around here as the SUV is every where else. I see so many dogs in the
back of these trucks.
Some people have trainded their dogs to ride on top of their tools
boxes. How these dogs don't fly over the cabs when the truck stops, is
beyond me.
I hate driving behind them.

I'll never understand why it is aloud to let your dog ride in the open
like that.

Old September 2nd 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

I don't understand why people let their dogs ride in the back of a pick
up either. No matter how well trained they are or no matter how much
they love it, it is dangerous whether they are tethered or not.
The fools down here let their children ride on tool boxes or worse yet
on top of hay bales that are level with the cab. (FL)

Be Free,
Judy

Old September 3rd 06, 01:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
pfoley

wrote in message
ups.com...
This is a real issue where I live. The pick up is just as popular
around here as the SUV is every where else. I see so many dogs in the
back of these trucks.
Some people have trainded their dogs to ride on top of their tools
boxes. How these dogs don't fly over the cabs when the truck stops, is
beyond me.
I hate driving behind them.

I'll never understand why it is aloud to let your dog ride in the open
like that.

======
I am totally against a dog in the back of pickup. Actually, I thought it
was illegal to drive like. Maybe it is in some states and not in others;
don't know the answer, but it is not safe for the dog. They get bounced and
thrown around and could get hurt or fall out easily.
----------

Old September 4th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky

"pfoley" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I am totally against a dog in the back of pickup.

Heh, jump on the bandwagon.

Actually, I thought it was illegal to drive like. Maybe it
is in some states and not in others; don't know the answer,

In my country, it's a city/municipality issue, so the laws
vary. Here, in a big city, it's a large fine, but uncontained
dogs in a pickup bed is, here, more of a rural issue.

Of course, enforcement is yet another issue.

but it is not safe for the dog. They get bounced and
thrown around and could get hurt or fall out easily.

Or, if tethered poorly, get hung or dragged.