puppy school

Old September 5th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
janet hodson

Default puppy school

do you think it is a wise move to send a 4 1/2 pup to puppy pre-school or
just train at home?

Old September 5th 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

janet hodson wrote:
do you think it is a wise move to send a 4 1/2 pup to puppy pre-school or
just train at home?

Is he finished with his shots? Around here, puppy kindergarten
seems to start at 10 weeks. If you're concerned, ask your vet and
the obedience instructor.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old September 5th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
TaraG

"janet hodson" wrote in message
do you think it is a wise move to send a 4 1/2 pup to puppy pre-school or
just train at home?

I have to ask you to clarify something. Did you mean send him away for
someone else to train? Or did you mean that you are attending classes *with*
your puppy?

Tara

Old September 5th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"janet hodson" wrote in message:

do you think it is a wise move to send a 4 1/2 pup to puppy pre-school or
just train at home? ^^^^^

Send him away for training or take him to training classes?

I don't know anyone who offers puppy boarding pre-school, but that doesn't
mean that it doesn't exist.

Suja

Old September 6th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 15:27:01 -0400, "Suja"
wrote:

[]
I don't know anyone who offers puppy boarding pre-school, but that doesn't
mean that it doesn't exist.

FWIW, field-trial/hunting trainers and breeders do it all the time,
depending on what you mean by pre-school. Schooling literally begins
on Day One with most field/hunting dogs.

If an owner doesn't have the proper facilities (and many don't) or the
wherewithal to properly socialize his pup to all the sights, sounds,
and smells of the field, introduce the pup to live birds, swimming,
the gun, etc., good breeders and trainers will do it for him.

It's part of the job, mon, and often the best part of it, too.

Cuz *I* get all that great puppy juice, the puppy smells, the
wiggly-butts, etc, and actually get paid handsomely for it!

I love America!

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

"Reality Based" Community Watch:
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/webl...Watch#comments
The "Azzam" Threat: A prelude to Future Jihad in America:
http://counterterrorismblog.org/2006...prelude_to.php
The Plamegate Hall of Shame:
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...2/648ygtoe.asp
"It follows that one of the most sensational charges leveled against the Bush White House - that it orchestrated the leak
of Ms. Plame’s identity to ruin her career and thus punish Mr. Wilson - is untrue.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...101460_pf.html
The Waiting Game:
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...ZiNzM1NTI4NjY=
Will ABC cave to the Clintonistas on new 9/11 documentary?
http://corner.nationalreview.com/pos...cwZDI1OTU0MmY=
Border War. Another must-see movie.
http://hotair.com/archives/2006/08/31/border-war/
Playing with fire, the commie pinko liberal way:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ama/article.do
Old September 6th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
AMB

wrote:

"janet hodson" wrote in message:

do you think it is a wise move to send a 4 1/2 pup to puppy pre-school or
just train at home? ^^^^^

Send him away for training or take him to training classes?

I don't know anyone who offers puppy boarding pre-school, but that doesn't
mean that it doesn't exist.

Our doggy daycare offers a special program for puppies. I've never
used it since Baxter's "all grown up," but I understand they'll do
potty training, very basic training for manners, and it socializes the
dog. I wonder if that's what Janet is asking about.

If I had a pup, I'd do it, but in addition to obedience classes and
at-home training.

Anne
and Baxter the Beagle
Old September 6th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
AMB

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 18:32:48 -0500, AMB wrote:

Our doggy daycare offers a special program for puppies. I've never
used it since Baxter's "all grown up," but I understand they'll do
potty training, very basic training for manners, and it socializes the
dog. I wonder if that's what Janet is asking about.

And just to be clear, it's only during regular daycare hours. No
overnighters.

Anne

Old September 6th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
TaraG

I do not mean to send him away for puppy school. I will attend the class
with him.

Ahhh, then you ARE training him at home, you're just attending classes so
that you can find out what to do when you're home with your pup.

I think that's a perfect plan :-)

Tara

Old September 7th 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
janet hodson

I just want to now what the group thought of puppy school . I would
accompany him to class.
"Handsome Jack Morrison" wrote in message
On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 15:27:01 -0400, "Suja"

[]