Remembering Nell

Old September 9th 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Robin Nuttall

Default Remembering Nell

She was cantankerous, wily, independent, and willful. Smart and cunning.
She held grudges, she would bite you in a minute if you crossed her
wrong side. Yellow dog, dingo dog, proto dog. Superb hunter--more than
one rabbit found its end in her teeth.

She could charm you to your socks to get what she wanted. And if she
liked you, she liked you forever--even though she might still try to
bite you if you crossed her personal line. She wasn't mine; she belonged
to a friend. But Nell was "our" dog--our dog club's dog (she graces our
logo). Nell stories are legendary--the time when she took off out of the
agility ring, snaked up some steps in the arena, and ran around an upper
tier 5 times at top speed grinning like a fool while Kathy stood below
in red faced embarrassed laughter; the time she stole a whole loaf of
bread off the counter; the time when I ran her in agility and knelt down
to take her collar off--she took off onto the course like a bullet, with
me waving helplessly from behind.

She lived to a ripe old age but today, at 13, she met her rest.

Nell, you broke the mold. There will never be another one like you.

http://www.columbiak9sportscenter.co...s/nelljump.jpg
Old September 9th 06, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Rocky

Robin Nuttall said in
rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

[..]
She lived to a ripe old age but today, at 13, she met her
rest.

That was a wonderful remembrance.

Old September 9th 06, 05:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Debbie the Dogged

In article ,
says...
Robin Nuttall said in
rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

[..]
She lived to a ripe old age but today, at 13, she met her
rest.

That was a wonderful remembrance.

I concur. My deepest condolences.
--
Debbie the Dogged das at spamcop dot net
http://web.newsguy.com/debbiethedogged/
Old September 9th 06, 07:28 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds
flick

"Robin Nuttall" wrote in message
[...]

Sincere condolences on your loss.

flick 100785

Old September 9th 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Margaret

She sounds like my kind of girl...so sorry for your loss.
Margaret

"Chow leave paw prints on our hearts."

Old September 10th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds
FurPaw

What a girl!

FurPaw
--
To reply, unleash the dog.
Old September 10th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds
johnhenri

Old September 11th 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds
MauiJNP