pee's on my bed

Old September 9th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
dhelderman

Default pee's on my bed

My puppy, who is 14 month old medium mixed breed dog, likes to pee in the
lower corner of my mattress. I thought at first she did it because the
mattress was on the floor and since i had gotten it from my mother that she
smelled my mothers dogs on it. Well about a month ago i got a brand new
mattress box spring and frame so its no longer laying on the ground and the
other day i found where she'd pee'd on my brand new sheets and mattress. I
can't seem to ever catch her doing it i just get in bed and theres this big
wet spot. Does anyone have any idea on why she's doing this or how i can
get her to stop. I try to keep my bedroom shut when i'm not around but
sometimes i forget i'm not perfect any advice would be welcomed other then
that she's a perfect puppy

she doesn't do it anywhere else in the house and not all the time, Shes
only done it once on this new bed. Just the very end corner of my bed. Like
shes doing it on purpose. She knows I'll find it so i don't know why she
does it.

Daisy's Mommy

Old September 9th 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 12:18:34 -0600, "dhelderman"
wrote:

My puppy, who is 14 month old medium mixed breed dog, likes to pee in the
lower corner of my mattress.

You were given advice the first time you posted about this problem.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old September 9th 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 15:41:45 -0600, "dhelderman"
wrote:

i posted to an entirely different group not this one

That's really not relevant.

There is really only one way to solve your problem, and you were given
advice on how to go about it the *first* time you posted. Since you
obviously do not intend to use the advice you were already given, there
is not a whole lot anyone here can do for you. Not that you'd take
their advice if there was.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)

Old September 9th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 16:20:20 -0600, "dhelderman"
wrote:

maybe i've already worked your advice over and would like different advice
from different people
you don't appear to be the only one posting to these groups

I would be surprised if anyone were able to give you advice that is
significantly different from that which I've already provided.

--
Shelly

Old September 12th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Dale Atkin

"dhelderman"
Does anyone have any idea on why she's doing this or how i can
get her to stop. I try to keep my bedroom shut when i'm not around but
sometimes i forget i'm not perfect any advice would be welcomed other then
that she's a perfect puppy

she doesn't do it anywhere else in the house and not all the time, Shes
only done it once on this new bed. Just the very end corner of my bed.
Like
shes doing it on purpose. She knows I'll find it so i don't know why she
does it.

I'd say you're definitely on the right track with keeping her out of the
bedroom when you aren't there. You have to make sure that you *are* perfect
about it though. Its really not that hard to get in to the habit of closing
doors as you walk through them (not a bad habit anyways with a puppy in the
house). Presumably you do it with the house door every time you walk
through, you just need to transfer the behavior to the other doors in your
house.

As to why she's doing. Think about it. Why the bed? The bed is where you
spend 8 hours every day, just leaving your scent all over it. Its obviously
an important place for you. Marking it might be her way of saying she's
willing to protect it. If you can keep the incidence of the behavior down,
I'd imagine she'll grow out of it.

Now... As far as posting the same thing to multiple groups, I'd say nothing
wrong with it, but you really should have said something about it, and about
possibly about what advice has been given before (and possibly why you
didn't like it). Lots of people spend a good deal of time on their replies
to groups, and it would be nice to know before replying if you're wasting
your time.

Here are a few links to relevant pages,

http://www.bcrescue.org/bedwetting.html
http://www.paw-rescue.org/PAW/PETTIP...ip_Marking.php