Baseball and Softball Bat Speed and Hitting Power

Old September 11th 06, 10:01 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue

Default Baseball and Softball Bat Speed and Hitting Power

I'm going to reveal some things about bat speed and hitting power that
you've likely never considered before. These are concepts and
techniques I personally mastered during my playing career and now teach
to my players and students. Because I have hit many a 90-plus mph
fastball, with a number of them landing well over 400 feet away, I know
what it takes to generate this kind of power.
Think about the game and its demands - just how strong do you really
have to be to play it well? In baseball, the ball is 5 ounces and the
bats weigh approximately 30 oz. Heck, a lot of young players swig cups
of Pepsi and Mountain Dew that weigh more than that! My point is this:

Baseball and Softball are games of explosive POWER,
not brute strength
Picking up a 30 oz bat is a measure of strength. Using it to blast a
baseball 400+ feet is a measure of POWER
http://baseballandsoftballdiae.blogspot.com/#