Help Minnie

Old September 14th 06, 11:46 PM
sonosue sonosue is offline
Junior Member

Talking Help Minnie

Hello,

I am new to this site. I have a very cute Dachshund/Beagle mix pound puppy. We got her three years ago. We recently moved into a new home that seemed to have a dog that spent alot of time in the basement. We had the carpets steamed cleaned before moving in, but Minnie has taken a liking to one spot in the basement to poop. She does not pee in the house only poop. I realize this is probably a spot the previous dog may have used, but are there any suggestions out there as to how to curb this behavior? I look forward to your advice!
Old September 15th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy

Default Help Minnie

in thread : sonosue
whittled the following words:

Hello,

I am new to this site. I have a very cute Dachshund/Beagle mix pound
puppy. We got her three years ago. We recently moved into a new home
that seemed to have a dog that spent alot of time in the basement. We
had the carpets steamed cleaned before moving in, but Minnie has taken
a liking to one spot in the basement to poop. She does not pee in the
house only poop. I realize this is probably a spot the previous dog
may have used, but are there any suggestions out there as to how to
curb this behavior? I look forward to your advice!

Don't allow her access to that area when she's unattended.
Old September 15th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Les Hilliard

diddy wrote in news:Xns983ED75A550DFdanny@
216.196.97.142:

in thread : sonosue
whittled the following words:

Hello,

I am new to this site. I have a very cute Dachshund/Beagle mix pound
puppy. We got her three years ago. We recently moved into a new home
that seemed to have a dog that spent alot of time in the basement. We
had the carpets steamed cleaned before moving in, but Minnie has taken
a liking to one spot in the basement to poop. She does not pee in the
house only poop. I realize this is probably a spot the previous dog
may have used, but are there any suggestions out there as to how to
curb this behavior? I look forward to your advice!

Don't allow her access to that area when she's unattended.

In addition to Diddy's advice, you may want to clean that area of the
carpet with a good enzyme cleaner to remove any odors. I can't think of a
good brand name right off the top of my head but a quick web search should
give you some choices of cleaners designed to remove dog urine and feces
odor. I'm not entirely sure steam cleaning will remove all of the odor if
another dog was marking that spot. Plus you've got a new scent from your
dog to remove now as well. Once cleaned, don't allow her to go there again
and, as Diddy pointed out, don't leave her unattended in the problem area.
I hope this helps.

--
Les Hilliard & Nikki the Super Shih-Tzu