I Got Bitten Today

Old August 23rd 03, 02:25 PM
212michael

Default I Got Bitten Today

Leah wrote:
"Sionnach" wrote:
I'm willing to bet that an experienced observer - somebody standing back
and watching this incident- could clearly have read the dog's intent
*before* it lunged. Perhaps if YOU had paid some attention to this
particular dog- instead of focussing on the BC puppy & not paying any
attention to the dog who was close to you - you might have had some warning
that she was going to bite.

Oh, no doubt! However, when you're walking in a store crowded with dogs and
people, you would need more than one set of eyes to be able to monitor them
all. :}

I'm sure I somehow startled her and threatened her. I move and walk quickly.
I was far enough away from her that when I stepped back, I was out of her leash
range (though I wasn't fast enough to escape teeth altogether).

Here's what I think happened, in her eyes. A person suddenly appeared too
close to her space, and she gave a warning growl. At the sound of the growl, I
turned to look at where it was coming from. She took that split-second of eye
contact as a threat.

So I guess I did learn something. If I hear a growl next to me, MOVE AWAY.
Don't waste time trying to find out who's growling. :}

Hello Leah,

Hello Fans,

Here is a quote from the sharpest mind in the dog game (aka, mine)

(can I have a drum roll please?)

"Most dog bites occur because
of too much aggression. By the Human.

Too aggressive in their assumptions.
Too aggressive in their play.
Too aggressive in their discipline.
Too aggressive in their approach.
Too aggressive in their grooming.
Too hasty, too busy, in too much of a hurry, etc, etc..."

michael patton
ceo of dogtv.com networks

the reason you got bit (as with the reason you always get bit) are right
there above.

this is michael
reporting live...
http://dogtv.com

Hello again fans,

anytime a trainer tells you they've been bit dozens or hundreds of times
and that it's "part of the job" it means you have hired a moron who will
manhandle your dog and cause the bites, and then probably beat or choke
the crap out of your dog to "cure" the biting.

BWHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAAAA!!!!

But even these Koehler Nazis like Handsome JerkOff Morrison are better
than somebody like Tara O. who killed her dog BEFORE it ever bit anyone.

BWHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

PetsMart Pet Trainer
My Kids, My Students, My Life:
http://hometown.aol.com/dfrntdrums/m...age/index.html
Last updated June 27 at 10:00 a.m.

Old August 23rd 03, 04:26 PM
212michael

Handsome Jack Morrison wrote:

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 10:24:20 -0400, "Sionnach"
wrote:

It's something you need to get used to, Leah, because getting bitten
is part of being a dog trainer/vet/vet tech, etc.

And the more dogs you train or work with, the more times you'll get
bitten -- and that goes double for rescue/rehab work.

Hrm. My agility instructor and I recently had a dispute- or to be more
precise, I had a dispute with a very junior instructor who totally misread
something one of my dogs was doing, and the senior instructor (who's done
*some* dog training)got involved in the discussion.
We got onto the general subject of aggression; she seems to think that if
a trainer is good enough at reading the dog, s/he can avoid ever being
bitten. I'm not so sure I agree.

Sarah, was this trainer walking on water when he said that? Or feeding
thousands with only two fish and five loaves of bread?

If not, I'd wager that he hasn't trained many dogs.

Kind of like Jerry "Dr. Evil" Howe, or Michael "Mini Me" Patton, who
only "train" imaginary dogs living in imaginary worlds.

Yeah, Okay Jerkoff Morrison

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

You've probably got a lot moooore experience getting bit than Leah (and
that's saying something, fans!)

I repeat

Hello Fans,

Here is a quote from the sharpest mind in the dog game (aka, mine)

(can I have a drum roll please?)

"The VAST MAJORITY of dog bites occur because
of too much aggression. By the Human.

Too aggressive in their assumptions.
Too aggressive in their play.
Too aggressive in their discipline.
Too aggressive in their approach.
Too aggressive in their grooming.
Too pushy, too hasty, too busy, in
too much of a hurry, etc, etc..."

michael patton
ceo of dogtv.com networks

It's very simple fans. If you don't want to get bit, pay attention to
the above. And if your trainer is guilty of the above, find another
trainer or buy one of my videos (stay tuned, believe it or not, they are
coming).

this is michael
reporting live...
http://dogtv.com

--
Handsome Jack Morrison
*gently remove the detonator to reply via e-mail

Old August 23rd 03, 10:54 PM
Karl Johan

Hello Fans,

Here is a quote from the sharpest mind in the dog game (aka, mine)

If you are the sharpest mind in the dog game, and have the best dog training
net videos available, there is a GIGANTIC universe of room for improvement.