Arnolds to be prosecuted for abuse

Old September 20th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Spot

Default Arnolds to be prosecuted for abuse

http://www.dogsdeservebetter.com/doogie.html.

Video of doogie now that he's had proper medical care. They would have left
the dog lay there and starve to death if Tammy hadn't stepped in.

Old September 20th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Spot wrote:
http://www.dogsdeservebetter.com/doogie.html.

Video of doogie now that he's had proper medical care. They would have left
the dog lay there and starve to death if Tammy hadn't stepped in.

I'd say she over stepped when she did. She had no right to take the
law into her own hands, and sending links of an abused dog doesn't
change that fact. You can't cloud the issue by playing the pity card.
I feel bad for the dog, but it still does not give her the right.

Old September 20th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Spot wrote:
http://www.dogsdeservebetter.com/doogie.html.

Video of doogie now that he's had proper medical care. They would have left
the dog lay there and starve to death if Tammy hadn't stepped in.

Not to mention, Animal Control was on their way. The dog would not
have been left to die. The authorities were going to take care of it.
There is one animal control officer, you can't expect them to drop
everything because one report was filed correctly. I believe the
animal control officer was working with the state dog warden on a high
priority call at the time.

Old September 20th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Spot wrote:
http://www.dogsdeservebetter.com/doogie.html.

Video of doogie now that he's had proper medical care. They would have left
the dog lay there and starve to death if Tammy hadn't stepped in.

nowhere in any place except this subject does anything say the "Arnolds
to be
prosecuted for abuse"

You see what you want to see, hear what you want to hear.

See Spot, Run.

Old September 20th 06, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Marcel Beaudoin

"Spot" wrote in

http://www.dogsdeservebetter.com/doogie.html.

Video of doogie now that he's had proper medical care. They would
have left the dog lay there and starve to death if Tammy hadn't
stepped in.

Nice misleading Subject there Spot.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old September 20th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Spot

Maybe if you had read further down the page...................

I didn't mislead anyone. And I'm not trying to push the pity either. I
just think it's about time the real issue was brought up and that's the
abuse that was done to this dog. I'm glad to see that someone in authority
is finally coming to their senses on this.

9/18/06. Thanks to everyone at Awareness Day and Woofstock for their
support! The Altoona Mirror Saturday ran a headine that states 'Vet Confirms
Dog Was Abused!' Finally! I spoke to a lot of legal experts plus two great
humane officers who said they would absolutely prosecute the Arnolds for
abuse given all the evidence. Our Action Call is therefore to keep up the
pressure on the humane officer to get the cruelty investigation rolling.

. ..

Old September 20th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Marcel Beaudoin

Top posting fixed.
"Spot" wrote in
"Marcel Beaudoin" wrote in message
. ..
"Spot" wrote in

http://www.dogsdeservebetter.com/doogie.html.

Video of doogie now that he's had proper medical care. They would
have left the dog lay there and starve to death if Tammy hadn't
stepped in.

Nice misleading Subject there Spot.

Maybe if you had read further down the page...................

I did. As the page itself says.

The author of the post spoke to "a lot of legal experts" and "two great
humane officers" who said that they would absolutely prosecute the
Arnolds.

Nowhere does it say that the DA or the HS is actively going through with
these investigations. What county were the Humane Officers from? If it is
not the county that the dog was in, their opinions mean squat.

You even quoted it yourself below: "Our Action Call is therefore to keep
up the pressure on the Humane Officer to get the cruelty investigation
rolling."

If there were charges already laid (or going to be laid) they wouldn't
need to "get the cruelty investigation rolling."

I didn't mislead anyone. And I'm not trying to push the pity either.
I just think it's about time the real issue was brought up and that's
the abuse that was done to this dog. I'm glad to see that someone in
authority is finally coming to their senses on this.

No-one is denying that the owners of the dog should have done a better
job with their dog. At the same time, the lady who stole the dog needs to
be prosecuted as well.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old September 21st 06, 08:48 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Alison

I posted this link a couple of weeks ago. It's doing the rounds in the UK.
She has a lot of support.

--
Alison
http://catinfolinks.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/

Old September 21st 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Spot

More on Doogie

http://www.altoonamirror.com/News/ar...articleID=4960

Old September 21st 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

"We fully understand the financial commitment of this offer, as we
care for over 1,800 animals every day on our 3,000- acre sanctuary.
Having a neutral party care for this dog may be the creative solution
to this case."

and then...

"In a news release last week, Best Friends said it supports Grimes in
her efforts to have all charges dismissed."

Perhaps someone needs to send them the definition of the phrase neutral
party.

"An agent of any Pennsylvania-incorporated society or association for
the prevention of cruelty to animals have standing to file criminal
cruelty charges, the Pennsylvania Crimes Code states.

"Our position is that Tammy Grimes has standing to file charges. We
think this animal was not only abandoned but may have been tortured,
which would make any charges a misdemeanor of the first degree,"
Dickey said. "She's done nothing wrong at all. She's justified
committing one offense to prevent a greater wrong.""

Law permits charges to be filed, not to steal the dog. There is no
evidence of torture, neglect is not torture. Torture would be to have
actually caused the dog to be in it's state intentionally. The dog was
not abandoned, it was on the owner's property with food and water,
chained. There is no justification for a civilian to commit an offense.