More Adventures in Moving with Miss Brown

Old September 23rd 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default More Adventures in Moving with Miss Brown

I've got about half of my stuff moved, but all the furniture is
still at the old place and will not be moved until Sun/Mon. Harriet
and I have spent the last two nights at the new place, though.

This is the first time I've slept on the floor since I was in
college. It's both better and worse than I remember, but it's only
temporary, so we are OKAY WITH IT. NO, REALLY.

The first night, Harriet was twitchy and clingy. I set up her crate
while I watched Survivor, and as soon as I was finished she made a
beeline for "her room." I left her crated, in the bedroom, while I
was at work yesterday. She's pretty trustworthy in the house now,
but with her stress level, I didn't want to take any chances.

She seemed fine--though a little more bouncy and anxious-to-see-me
than normal--when I got home. We went for an exploratory walk
around the common area. We met a couple of Big Black Dogs and got
barked at from multiple balconies. We discovered a rabbit warren
inside a ginormous, sprawling mass o' shrubbery. We also learned to
watch where we are walking, because not everyone picks up after
their dogs. Ewww.

Last night, when we returned from picking up another load of stuff
at the old place, Harriet started off a little clingy, but really
not at *all* bad. I made a heap o' pillows and blankets in front of
the teevee and watched CSI reruns. About two minutes after the
television was turned on, Harriet moseyed off to the bedroom and
crashed out on the "bed." I think she's starting to settle in.

This morning, I left her loose in the bedroom, where her crate is.
I hesitate to give her complete freedom yet, but I think she's
probably ready to have a bit more rein.

Also: Netflix is trying to make me crazy! A few months ago, they
started randomly choosing random items from my queue to send to me.
For no reason! I had been watching a series, and the next umpty
discs were available "now." So, instead of sending me the next
disc, they grabbed one from way down the queue. This has happened
several times now.

Thursday, I updated my mailing address. Four discs were supposedly
mailed out to me on Wednesday, obviously to the old address. I
checked the mail at the old house on Thursday. No Netflix. I
checked yesterday. No Netflix. I checked the mail at the new place
on my way out this morning, and there they were. WTF? Those discs
were supposedly mailed *before* I updated my mailing address.
Obviously, they weren't, so apparently Netflix is telling big, fat
lies about when they are sending things out.

Hrmf!

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)