Estate planning for our pets

Old September 24th 06, 05:20 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
[email protected]

Default Estate planning for our pets

PLEASE CROSS POST -
WE ARE TRYING TO REACH AS MANY PET OWNERS AS POSSIBLE
CROSS POSTING APPRECIATED

Dog lovers and family and friends of dog lovers.

Carolina Poodle Rescue (CPR) is considering launching a new service for
dog owners. Rather than worry or wonder or hope that someone will take
care of your pet in the case of your death, we want to give the dog
owner an option to pre pay a safe place for their pet to go in the case
of that owner's death or permanent disability.

As a rescue group, we know only too well that we often do not have
space available when a pet needs to come to rescue. When rescue groups
are full to the brim, shelters are over crowded, and relatives are busy
with their own lives and their own animals what solution does your pet
have? There is a very real chance that should you pass away, your
beloved pet may find themselves not only homeless and alone, but in a
situation where they could be killed for lack of a committed caretaker.

Our service would remove that concern. We are looking at creating a
guaranteed, pre paid, safe haven for the dog whose owner has passed
away or become permanently disabled. In a nutshell, the program would
place the future of their pet in the pet owner's hands. For a small
fee, the pet owner reserves a place in our rescue, sanctuary and
placement program in the case of the death or permanent disability of
the owner. Covered pets would be brought to our facility for
evaluation and then either placed in a new home, placed with a
permanent caretaker or provided a permanent home at our farm in South
Carolina. The final decision will depend on what is best for that
particular pet.

We hope to give the pet owner who dies or is disabled the peace of mind
in knowing that their pets will be cared for properly after their
death.

Our plan is to initially cover poodles and poodle mixes and other small
breed dogs under 25 lbs. After establishing our core program with this
group, we plan to expand out into the larger dogs. The 10 year plan
calls for eventually including cats, birds and other companion animals.

The value of this program is in it's pricing. We are looking at
several different options in playment plans. One is the monthly plan
- we are trying to stay within a budget of a $60 to $90 enrollment
fee and then a monthly payment of somewhere between $12 and $17. The
second program would be an initial enrollment fee and then a lump sum
payment. The third program would be an initial enrollment fee and
then, if you live in a state that allows pet trusts, assistance with
setting up a pet trust in your will.

In order to gauge the ability of this venture to be successful, we need
to research the marketplace. That marketplace is you - those who own
and love their pets.

Could you assist by answering a few brief questions? If so, please
follow the link below. There is a simple form to fill out that can be
found at:

http://cpr02.tripod.com/DWSanctuary.html
It takes less than two minutes. You may choose to remain anonymous.
No signature is required.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation

Donna Ezzell
Dreamweaver Farms, Pacolet SC