Barking Behavior, any suggestion ?

Old October 8th 06, 01:04 AM
kai kai is offline
Junior Member

Default Barking Behavior, any suggestion ?

I have a 3 year old German Shepherd - Lab male mix. It always barks at other pets passing by my house When I walk it outside, it will try to bark and provoke to other dogs. It bothers me a lot, Does anyone know if there is any cure to that ?

Thanks,

Ken
Old October 8th 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities
Rocky

kai said in
rec.pets.dogs.activities:

I have a 3 year old German Shepherd - Lab male mix. It
always barks at other pets passing by my house

Why do you allow this? Bring him inside when he barks. If he's
inside already, don't let him do that.

When I walk
it outside, it will try to bark and provoke to other dogs.
It bothers me a lot, Does anyone know if there is any cure
to that ?

Stop all fun stuff as soon as soon he does this. Look for some
training classes.

Old November 12th 06, 12:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities
[email protected]

Hi,
I have the same problem. My dog (Miniature schnauzer) is 1,5 years and
she barks at anything that moves, inside the house and outside. It's
really annoying. I have tried 'everything', I have sent her back inside
the house, I have acted strict with her, I have tried to 'talk her out
of it', I have tried to ignore her - absolutely everything. Now I have
"surrended", I bought a "Barking Collar". She can make small noices
without a reaction fram the collar, but when she takes it all out it
will send out a spray of citrus everytime she 'goes' of. Mixed with
training I have hopes that this will work...

Anne

--
kai