backup to carry our dog (15 pound Shih Tzu)

Old October 8th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Colonel

Default backup to carry our dog (15 pound Shih Tzu)

Hello There..
Our 1 year Shih Tzu likes to go on our walks and hikes but tires out
pretty quickly. It could be his legs are much shorter than ours...

We need a backpack that is designed for dogs so I or my wife could
carry our dog while hiking. All of the search results I get back our
for dog packs for the dog to wear. We have checked out some combo
backpacks which are designed for babies but have not found any that do
the trick.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Scott and Jess

Old October 8th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Ron Hardin

Colonel wrote:

Hello There..
Our 1 year Shih Tzu likes to go on our walks and hikes but tires out
pretty quickly. It could be his legs are much shorter than ours...

We need a backpack that is designed for dogs so I or my wife could
carry our dog while hiking. All of the search results I get back our
for dog packs for the dog to wear. We have checked out some combo
backpacks which are designed for babies but have not found any that do
the trick.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Scott and Jess

The ``Pet Front Pouch'' ought to work
http://www.petsuppliesdelivered.com/...0031028114526&

I've seen it in discount stores too.

If the URL doesn't work, it's catalog item 08271a

Just wear it backwards. The weight on the front will give you back aches
pretty quickly in any case. If there's two of you, you can set up the
backwards thing pretty easily.

--
Ron Hardin

Old October 9th 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Judy

"Colonel" wrote in message
oups.com...
We need a backpack that is designed for dogs so I or my wife could
carry our dog while hiking. All of the search results I get back our
for dog packs for the dog to wear. We have checked out some combo
backpacks which are designed for babies but have not found any that do
the trick.

Try googling "dog carrier backpacks". That should get you some options for
what you want.
--
Judy
Spenser - Carbor Talk of the Town, AX, OAJ, NAC. NJC, NGC, TN-N, TG-N

Old October 29th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
marika

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 17:58:47 -0400, Colonel
wrote:

Hello There..
Our 1 year Shih Tzu likes to go on our walks and hikes but tires out
pretty quickly. It could be his legs are much shorter than ours...

I had a German Shepherd who was insanely strong and obviously had
propensity for long legs.

As a pup he got tired quickly and as an older dog too, strength but not
stamina.

So it probably isn't his leg length.
I am not saying I know what your dogs problem is, but ours was diagnosed
early with a spinal lesion that pretty much made his leg on one side
useless.

We talked about rewiring nerves millions and billions of
nerves and why it is so hard. and we talked about the need to map nerve
path
before injury otherwise there is no way to rejoin them and that when they
regenerate if at all they join the wrong lines.

We never were able to do much for the problem. There was some
speculation that he was overly large at birth and that this may have
caused the lesion, during delivery. Could have been something else
entirely.

later as he got older he was diagnosed with an entire constellation of
other bizarre diseases. Related or unrelated I don't know. His thyroid
gave out, he got cancer in unpleasant places, just everything went wrong,
probably a connective tissue disorder.

But I also remember about how bad he ;looked and it seems he
was optimistic in spite of it. which is great and sad at the same time

A back pack is nice, but check his health too for such weirdness.
Is it maybe just the product of dehydrating?
Is he really supposed to get this tired based on his breed?

We need a backpack that is designed for dogs so I or my wife could
carry our dog while hiking. All of the search results I get back our
for dog packs for the dog to wear. We have checked out some combo
backpacks which are designed for babies but have not found any that do
the trick.

How about one of those baby carriers that puts the dog in front, not in
back.

Shih Tzu Breeders Babs Dog breeds 1 April 13th 06 10:14 AM
Baby Lab bullies Shih Tzu... Louise M. Dog behavior 6 June 14th 05 01:27 AM
The Pound Today nehmo sergheyev Dogs - general 0 July 16th 03 05:20 AM