A Molly upadate

Old October 12th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default A Molly upadate

Were some of you wondering if we even still had her? Yes we do.
She is doing wonderfully. Did I take her to a dog class? No, I can give
you a million reasons why, but lets just leave it at God has a wicket
sense of humor and right now I seem to be the butt of his jokes....ugh.

Molly and Libby have learned to coexcist. I'd like to say the dog
loves her, but that would be a lie.

The big improvements have been this

Molly is no longer glued to me. She will now lay in a room I'm not in.
That is huge. The more she does this the better she is with everyone
else in the house.

My husband seems to rate as high on her scale as I do these days.

Libby has moved way up in the ranks herself.

Molly will now take treats right from Libby's hand. That was something
she would never do. Infact she wouldn't even eat a treat Libby tried to
give her. So I'm really pleased with this.

The growling at Libby has stopped, but Molly will at times still stress
out when Libby walks in a room. I will say it's happening less and
less. Molly no longer moves if she is laying under the coffee table and
Libby sits on the couch.

One issue she hasn't over come yet, is no one but me can take her out.
With anyone else she glues herself to the front door waiting for me.

She still has seperation issues. She crys when we leave her..Loud......
Taking her isn't an option if we are getting out of the car, because
she crys then to and I'm afraid someone will try and rescue her.
Not sure how to deal with that.

I have learned that someone in her life before us taught her the stay
command. They must have been brutal about it. Just saying the word stay
stops her in her tracks, but it also sends her ears down, her tail
between her legs and causes a whimper. Not sure how to fix that. I'm
hoping over time she'll figure out it isn't followed up with a beating
or anything else unpleasent.

I just thought I'd update, since I haven't posted in a while.

Old October 12th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On 12 Oct 2006 08:58:35 -0700, wrote:

[...]
I have learned that someone in her life before us taught her the stay
command. They must have been brutal about it. Just saying the word stay
stops her in her tracks, but it also sends her ears down, her tail
between her legs and causes a whimper. Not sure how to fix that.

sigh

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

Want to help our service men and women, and their families? (The ladies here will like this! Okay, maybe Melinda won't.):
http://freedomisnotfree.com/

The veil and the rage.
http://michellemalkin.com/archives/006104.htm

Bill Clinton's New Glow Job:
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=17502

Mary Robinson finally finds a clue:
http://instapundit.com/archives/033153.php

Think the idea of *Speaker* Pelosi is scary? Then check *this* out:
http://english.pravda.ru/science/earth/84913-0/

It's China, stupid!
http://www.windsofchange.net/archives/009113.php

Wanna see what a real buffoon looks like?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J-mUwkmw-M

Trust me - you'll want to see (and hear!) this movie trailer:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/300...er1/large.html

Two books that every American (and Canadian) should read:

1) The Rage and The Pride, by Orianna Fallaci
http://makeashorterlink.com/?J13521A6D
2) The Force of Reason, by Orianna Fallaci
http://makeashorterlink.com/?T42552A6D

While they still can.

And this one, too:

Menace in Europe: Why the Continent's Crisis Is America's, Too
http://www.amazon.com/gp/explorer/14...05868-3710311?