I had a Muttley

Old October 15th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.animals.dog,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.rescue,rec.pets.dogs.misc
[email protected]

Default I had a Muttley

HOWEDY January98,

wrote in message

It was around 45 years ago.

Ahhh, that's just abHOWET when The Sincerely Incredibly
Freakin Insanely Simply Amazing Grand Puppy, Child, Pussy,
Birdy And Horsey Wizard began professionally trainin mostly
giant breed workin dogs, specializing in temperamet and behavior
problems {): ~ )

I am now 90 years old and have had dogs almost all of my llfe.

Yeah. You're a real dog lover JUST LIKE paulie {): ~ )

Most of them were GSDs. A few mixes, some purebreds
purchased from breeders, many, many, many rescues.

The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin Insanely Simply Amazing
Grand Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy And Horsey Wizard's
breeds are Great Danes an English Mastiffs {): ~ )

I was not looking for a dog when I found Bouncer. I was a
journalist and each week I visited the local pound to photograph
an adoptable pet and to write hopefully helpful words for the others.

The so called shelter / rescue movement is in large part, a SCAM,
January98 {}: ~ (

You want a couple REAL GOOD DOGGY STORIES, January98?

Like WHO MURDERED Jessica Lundren?

Like WHO MURDERED Dianne Whipple?

Like HOWE COME the SAR dogs CAN'T FIND VICTIMS
with known startin points like Elizabeth Smart of a dead
body despite havin a MAP like in the case of Chandra Levy?

Like WHO MURDERED them three DEAD BOYS in
the trunk of the car in New Jersey?

Like HOWE COME that K-9 officer and his K-0 dog got
MURDERED trackin a known subject and the backup
"k-0" teams COULDN'T FIND THE PERPERTRATOR
hiding 300' from the shootin site, for 24 HOWERS, January98???

WE CAN PROVE HOWE COME THOSE K-9's FAILED.

They FAILED for the SAME REASON you and paulie
FAILED your RESCUE DOGS, despite your berautiful
story of FAILED REHABILITATION, ABUSE and CONfinement.

There were numerous pens crowded with canines,
but Bouncer was in solitary confinement.

That's normal.

In my eyes he was magnificent. An old fashioned GSD,
obviously from German working dog lines. Oversized.
Straight back.

Good enough.

" What a great dog!" I exclaimed as I started towards
him with my camera ready.

" No", said the attendant. " He's not a great dog. He's
very aggressive. He fights any and all dogs. He is oblivious
to humans. Untrainable. He'll be put down. Who would want him?"

That's NORMAL for HOWER DOG LOVERS, January98:

"Granted That The Dog Who Fears Retribution
Will Adore His Owner," lying "I LOVE KOEHLER"
lynn.

lyinglynn writes to a new foster care giver:
For barking in the crate - leave the leash on and
pass it through the crate door. Attach a line to
it. When he barks, use the line for a correction.-
if necessary, go to a citronella bark collar," Lynn K.

"Training is not confrontation,"Lynn K.

except when it is

"Unfortunately, some confrontation is necessary,
just to be able to handle the dogs. For example,
we need to crate train a dog immediately because
they are usually in need of medical care and they
are in foster homes with other dogs. It's a safety
necessity," lying "I LOVE KOEHLER" lynn.

"Training is not confrontation,"Lynn K.

except when it is

"So what? Whoever said that it's right to
always not confront? We sure can try, but
a dog who knows a command and growls when
given it is certainly being confrontational".
You can't simply walk away and pretend it
didn't happen or leave it for later work in
every situation." Lynn K.

--------------------

"I used to work the Kill Room as a volunteer in
one shelter.) But their ability to set their own
schedules and duties causes a great deal of
scheduling overhead.

And it takes effort and thought to ensure that
volunteers get the meaningful experience that
they work for.

Someone has to be responsible for that
Volunteer Program, and it is best done
by a non-volunteer."

Lynn K.

----------------

"I worked with one shelter where I bathed and groomed
every adoptable dog on intake. I frankly felt that the
effort/benefit equation was not balanced for some of the
older/ill poodle/terrier mixes we got in badly matted condition.

Should I have refused to groom them?

Or even more pertinent - I was one of the people who
had to make the euthanasia decisions at that shelter."

Lynn K.

wrote in message
ups.com...
wrote:
Have any of you ever come across a dog, that you
know there is just no hope for? The dog is untrainable.

Unfortunately, many times. It's usually not that the dog is
untrainable. Usually it's a case where the dog is so dangerous
that someone is going to be hurt before trainng can take effect.

A couple of case studies:

1. Last Friday I was called in to evaluate a 2 yr old Ridgeback/Boxer
coming out of quarantine from putting 9 stitches into a little girl's
face. Genetic temperament extremely fearful, spatial issues, head
and hand shy, could only be approached by the owner, no bite
inhibition.

The owner is a single mother with 3 kids, a chaotic household and a
full time job. Realistically, the dog could improve but would always
have limitations and need constant direction and supervision, All I
could do is tell the owner what could be done and what effort it would
take. She had to come to the conclusion herself that she wasn't up to
the task and that the end result wouldn't be good enough.

2. A newly adopted Boxer, very dog aggressive. While evaluating
him, I deliberately stepped between him and the dog he was reacting
to. He slipped his collar and bit me to the bone. The owners
couldn't
safely handle him and he couldn't be placed into another home because
of known liability.

He was returned to the breed rescue group to be pts.

3. Dax, a well-bred gsd, was untouchable at 7weeks old.

***(lying "I LOVE KOEHLER" lynn TRAINED Dax since DAY WON)

The owner was a very capable and experienced gsd person
who made her living as a dogwalker/petsitter. I worked with
him for 9 months, and he was also seen by Leslie Nelson,
Trish King, Ian Dunbar, Jean Donaldson, and others.

In that time we worked through 7 different aggression
triggers, which were all immediately replaced by a new
one.

Neurological causes were suspected and tested, inconclusively.

He was the last born of the litter, after a stillborn, unformed fetus.

There was also an incident at 5 wks where a crate collapsed onto
him, with short unconsciousness.

His last bite was during an EEG, which showed
wildly abnormal brain patterns. It was time for
his dedicated owner to give up and let him go.

4. Last month I refused to work with a young pit bull in
foster care and had to tell the rescue group he was dangerous
and unadoptable.

My training partner, a former K9 officer refused to even
take the dog's leash because it would be pointless.

Totally unbonded to humans, he was also dog aggressive
and ready to come back up the leash at anyone who stopped
him from his target.

He would have been workable if he had a strong, experiienced handler.

***(like janet boss or herself...)

But the rescue group was particularly inept and the foster
home was worse - mother in leg braces and autistic teenage
son, both with bad physical skills, no experience, no emotional
control.

They've decided that all will be fixed by a Gentle Leader.

Cases 5 through 100 - all with sad details, all variable. I get an
average of 5 new aggression cases a week and anyone who thinks
that everything can be fixed needs to spend some time with us to
see the great variety of dogs and situatiions that presents.

Most can be turned around, but not all.

Lynn K.

"Amy Dahl" wrote in message

2. A newly adopted Boxer, very dog aggressive.

This is utterly beyond my experience, and very scary.
I received a fairly bad bite, once, from a dog that, I
recognized later, was competely measured and controlled
in what he did.

I have observed many times the great control and
discrimination dogs have over what they do with
their mouths.

A dog in which those mechanisms aren't working
would scare me silly.

Lynn, you and some of the people you work
with are phenomenally dedicated.

Amy Dahl

=============

THOSE ARE THE PSYCHOPATHS GIVIN ADVICE
an MURDERIN "RESCUED DOGS", Jan {}: ~ (

" I do!" I replied.

LikeWIZE, January98 {}: ~ )

They agreed to hold him for a few days. Each afternoon
I visited and talked to Bouncer through the cage door.
On the third day he approached and acknowledged me.

I went to my car to obtain a leash and returned to the shelter,
leaving the car door open.

" I think we're ready," I told the attendant.

I led Bouncer out into the yard and when we approached
my car I asked him:" Do you want to go home with me?"

He tugged on the leash. I dropped the leash. He leaped into the car.

I already had two dogs and several cats. Bouncer went
into his own private pen temporarily but in a few days
was sharing the entire large fenced yard with a spayed
female adult GSD and a younger male with no problem.

Of curse. Dogs train EZ an FAST if you DON'T ABUSE THEM.

I was into Schutzhund at that time, so asked one of the
instructors to evaluate Bouncer, advising him of the
unknown past and aggressive behavior in the pound.

Bouncer was pronounced okay for basic obedience class,

Since when might a dog NOT BE O.K. for OBEDIENCE TRAININ???

so we proceeded to enroll. His dog aggressiveness flourished,

INDEEDY. On accHOWENT of you was JERKIN an CHOKIN
IT JUST LIKE HOWE paulie been doin to his "RESCUE DOG"
Muttley whom he's fixin to MURDER THIS WEEK thanks to
followin the INSTRUCTION of a pathetic miserable stinkin
lyi animal murderin active acute chronic long term incurable
mental case.

but I could control him.

No you couldn't. You jerked an choked an intmidated
him under the EXXXXPERT INSTRUCTION of a
PSYCHOPATH, JUST LIKE HOWE THESE PATHETIC
MISERABLE STINKIN LYIN ANIMAL MURDERIN
MENTAL CASES PREFER.

LIKE THIS:

"You Lying Sack Of Dung.When Have I Ever Said
Anything About Using A Prong Collar, Or Any Collar
Correction At All, To Make Dogs Friendly To House
Cats? Don't bother. The answer is never," lying "I
LOVE KOEHLER" lynn.

lying "I LOVE KOEHLER" lynn writes about kats and dogs:

"This Article Is Something We've Put Together
For SF GSD Rescue

From: Lynn Kosmakos )
Subject: I have a dog he has cats
Date: 1999/11/20

wrote:
How can I get him to quit chasing the cats.

Okay - this is going to be a bit loooong - Lynn K.

"Put a prong collar with a six-foot leash on the dog. Don't
forget to put the muzzle on the dog. I think a prong works
better than a choke with less chance of injury to the dog in
this situation.

Electronics can be used to create an aversion to cats, but
should be used under the direction of a trainer who knows how
to instruct the owner in their proper use. Electronics can
take the form of shock, sonic or citronella collars. At that
time the owner will train with electronics instead of food or
whatever other reward system was being used."

8) Put a prong collar with a six-foot leash on the dog.
Don't forget to put the muzzle on the dog. I think a prong
works better than a choke with less chance of injury to the
dog in this situation. Have the dog in a sit-stay next to
you with most of the slack out of the leash and let the cat
walk through the room and up to the dog if it wishes (this is
why you have the dog muzzled).

If the dog makes an aggressive move towards the
cat, it must be corrected strongly with both your
voice and the collar.

This is important - the correction must be physically
very strong - not a nag. (PS: not many dogs need
to be corrected at all)."

Baghdad Bob Baghdadbob wrote in message
news:04591a2c5d469ef78d35c89ed4ed58f7@TeraNews.. .

Lynn, looks like he got you there if these
quotes are true.
In the posts below you take responsibility for
making those calls.

In your post above, you state you do not
make those calls.

Which one is it?

WORDS OF WISDOM
From Our Own Lynn Kosmakos
1200mg Of Lithium And 50 mg Of Zoloft
EVERY DAY
For Twenty Years

I THINK I'M QUALIFIED TO TALK ABOUT LITHIUM

"I, too, have a bi-polar mood disorder (manic-
depression) requiring 1200mg of lithium and 50
mg of Zoloft every day.

I, also, care about dogs and use this forum to
learn more, while happily sharing pertinent
information I have learned. But if I were ever
to post such sh*t, I would hope that every other
reader of this group would be rightfully outraged."

"Community is an evolutionary thing that we
earn the right to participate in by observing
the easily understood rules and contributing
to in constructive ways."

"It wasn't that meds didn't work for her
- she wouldn't take them. I particularly remember
a comment she made about scarey side effects of
Lithium. Hardly. After 17 years on it, I think
I'm qualified to say that the very low risk of
any side effect is far less frightening than the
very real dangers of life without it."

Lynn K.

------------------------------

The instructor advised a prong collar and I followed that advice.

THAT'S INSANE.

Soon after that Bouncer was showing aggression in class

Naaaah?

Oh, you mean JUST LIKE HOWE paulie's DEAD DOG
Muttley OBJECTED to bein jerked an choked on janet's
pronged spiked pinch choke collar, Jan?

Oh, you don't mind The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin Insanely
Simply Amazing Grand Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy And Horsey
Wizard addressin you in the familial 'Jan', do you? And you of
curse, may likeWIZE address The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin
Insanely Simply Amazing Grand Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy
And Horsey Wizard in the familial, "The", O.K.?

NHOWE it FEELS like we been PALS for forty five years, don't it, Jan???

and although I had him under control the instructor said:
" Let me take him."

Ahhh, JUST LIKE HOWE janet done to Muttley, eh Jan???

She took the leash and proceeded to jerk him
from side to side while yelling at him.

Ahhh yes, RESCUE DOGS LOVE THAT!

After three or four hard jerks, Bouncer lunged at her
and bit her, tearing a gash in the arm that held the leash.

He was just showin his APPRECIATION for her DEMONstration
of UNCONDITIONAL LOVE TRUST an RESPECT, the nitty
gritty behind ALL EFFECTIVE SCIENTIFIC behavior modification:

Sam Corson, Pavlov's Last Student Demonstrated At
UofOH, That Rehabilitation Of Hyperactive Dogs Can
Easily And Readily Be Done Using TLC. Tender Loving
Care Is At The Root Of The Scientific Management Of
Doggys. {) ; ~ )

"...all the highest nervous activity, as it manifests
itself in the conditional reflex, consists of a continual
change of these three fundamental processes --
excitation, inhibition and disinhibition," Ivan P. Pavlov

"Postitive emotions arising in connection
with the perfection of a skill, irrespective
of its pragmatic significance at a given
moment, serve as the reinforcement. IOW,
emotions, not outside rewards, are what
reinforces any behavior," Ivan Pavlov.

"All animals learn best through play." -- Konrad Lorenz

"Despite Skinner's clear denunciation of "negative
reinforcement" (1958) NEARLY EVER LEARNING THEORY
model involves the USE OF PUNISHMENT. Of curse,
Skinner has never to my knowledge, demonstrated
HOWE we escape the phenomenon that an expected
reward not received is experienced as a punishment
and can produce extensive and persistent aggression
(Azrin et al, 1966)."

"The IMBECILITY of some of the claims for operant
technique simply take the breath away. Lovas et al
(1966) report a standard contingent reward/punishment
procedure developing imitative speech in two severly
disturbed non verbal schizophrenic boys. After twenty-
six days the boys are reported to have been learning
new words with alacrity. HOWEver, when REWARDS
were moved to a delayed contingency the behavior and
learning immediately deteriorated."

"It is NO WONDER that the marked changes in
deviant behavior of children can be achieved
through brief, simple educative routines with
their mothers which modify the mother's social
behaviors shaping the child (Whaler, 1966). Some
clinics have reported ELIMINATION ofthe need for
child THERAPY through changing the clinical emphasis
from clinical to parental HANDLING of the child
(Szrynski 1965).

A large number of cases improved sufficiently after
preliminary contact with parents that NO treatment
of children was required, and almost ALL cases
SHOWE a remarkably shortened period for therapy.
Quite severe cases of anorexia nervosa have been
treated in own to five months by simply REPLACING
the parents temporarily with EFFUSIVELY LOVING
SUBSTITUTES (Groen, 1966)."

The Methods, Principles And Philosophy Of Behavior
Never Change,
Or They'd Not Be Scientific
And Could Not Obtain
Consistent, Reliable, Fast, Effective, Safe Results
For All Handler's And All Critters,
And ALL Behaviors
In ALL FIELDS And ALL UTILITIES,
ALL OVER The Whole Wild World,
NEARLY INSTANTLY,
As Taught In Your FREE Copy Of The Sincerely Incredibly
Freakin Insanely Simply Amazing
GRAND
Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy And Horsey Wizard's
100% CONSISTENTLY NEARLY INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL
FREE
WWW Wits'End Dog, Child, Kat And Horse Training Method Manual

{} ; ~ )

I immediately retrieved my dog while others attended to the wound.

Please EXXXCUSE The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin Insanely
Simply Amazing Grand Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy And Horsey
Wizard for just WON moment: BWEEEEEEAAAAHAHAHAAA!!!

Thanks, Jan, I NEEDED THAT {): ~ )

Sometimse 'Humor Is The Beast Medecine'.

AIN'T IT {); ~ )

With Bouncer in the back seat of my car and the wounded
instructor just ahead of him in the front seat I drove her to a doctor.

BWEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

Pardone moi, eh Jan {}: ~ (

Did she make YOU PAY for the damages like HOWE janet
done to paulie when her abuse caused Muttley to attack the
other dog, a behavior which had pryor been TOTALLY HOWET
OF CHARACTER for him, Jan?

There were no repercussiions, no lawsuits, no hard feelings.

You mean she didn't recommend you MURDER Bouncer
like HOWE janet done to paulie and his RESCUE DOG
Muttley, whom she DIDN'T GET TO MURDER when
palie first brought him to her SHELTER to find him a
new HOWES on accHOWENT of he couldn't TRAIN
him to love his kat Photon, Jan?

She took the blame.

Naaaaah? You mean, on accHOWENT of she was IN
CON-TROLL of the class and anything happenin in it?

Euthenasia was never mentioned.

You mean, she wasn't a paranoid shizophrene like janet an paulie?

You'll NOTICE janet NEVER suggested Muttley COULD
BE TRAINED to LOVE his kat Photo, Jan. She was "TRAININ"
Muttley so IT could be well enough behaved to get hisself a
NEW HOWES withHOWET a kat in it {): ~ (

Bouncer lived the remainder of his lengthy life

UNLIKE Muttley, Jan. Muttley GOTTA DIE on
accHOWENT of janet an paulie HURTIN him.

in my back yard behind seven foot chain link fencing.
He came in the house with me when I was home.

Was you havin a PROBLEM for TRAININ him, Jan?

PERHAPS had you NOT JERKED an CHOKED him
he'd settle right DHOWEN and RELAXXX and ENJOY
livin in your HOWES with your family, LIKE ANY DOG.

Or kat, for that matter, Jan {) : ~ )

During his life with me he killed a hapless cat
who somehow foolishly scaled that fence and
entered his yard.

Dogs MURDER kats HOWEtside on accHOWENT of
they been PUNISHED for tryin to attack kats INSIDE.

You'll find THOWESANDS of EXXXACTLY PRECISELY
SIMILAR CASE HISTORIES RIGHT HERE in The Sincerely
Incredibly Freakin Insanely Simply Amazing Grand Puppy, Child,
Pussy, Birdy And Horsey Wizard's 100% CONSISTENTLY NEARLY INSTANTLY
SUCCESSFUL FREE WWW Wits' End Dog, Child,
Kat And Horse Training Method Manual Forums AND Human And
Animal Behavior Forensic Sciences Research Laboratory AND
COLLEGE OF HARD KNOCKXXX {) ; ~ )

Bouncer loved me and I loved him.

INDEEDY! OtherWIZE you wouldn't of JERKED an CHOKED
him till he WENT INSANE JUST LIKE HOWE Muttley done.

I remember him so well after all these years .

INDEEDY. Seems like The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin Insanely
Simply Amazing Grand Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy And Horsey
Wizard KNOWS Bouncer PERSONALLY {): ~ (

Could be, Bouncer hired The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin Insanely
Simply Amazing Grand Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy And Horsey
Wizard to WHACK YOU HOWET for HURTIN him, eh Jan???

And yes, I now have a dog. An oversize, straight backed
Rescue GSD whose life expectancy is similar to mine.

Are you still HURTIN YOUR DOG, Jan?

Jan

Oh, bye the bye, WELCOME to The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin
Insanely Simply Amazing Grand Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy And
Horsey Wizard's 100% CONSISTENTLY NEARLY INSTANTLY
SUCCESSFUL FREE WWW Wits' End Dog, Child, Kat And
Horse Training Method Manual Forums {); ~ )

I'm Jerry Howe, The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin Insanely Simply
Amazing Grand Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy And Horsey Wizard {) ; ~ )

Here's your own FREE COPY of The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin
Insanely Simply Amazing Grand Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy And
Horsey Wizard's

The *666* Edition Of Your Own
FREE COPY
Of
The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin Insanely Simply Amazing
GRAND
Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy And Horsey Wizard's
100% CONSISTENTLY NEARLY INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL
FREE WWW
Wits' End Dog, Child, Kat And Horsey Training Method Manual {) ; ~ )

{#}: ~ } http://makeashorterlink.com/?K3AD21A3D { ~ :{@}