dew claw ?

Old October 17th 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
whitt

Default dew claw ?

bought pup that had dew claws and tail docked. After 6 months my vet
finds a dew claw still intact. Was it responsiblity to have the pup
checked out by my vet earlier or is it the seller or the vet that
removed them?

Old October 17th 06, 01:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet B

On 16 Oct 2006 20:37:46 -0700, "whitt" ,
clicked their heels and said:

bought pup that had dew claws and tail docked. After 6 months my vet
finds a dew claw still intact. Was it responsiblity to have the pup
checked out by my vet earlier or is it the seller or the vet that
removed them?

Most contracts say your puppy needs to see a vet in x number of days
from purchase. Did you not notice the dew claw yourself? Even so,
dewclaws, IMO, serve a purpose and there is no reason to remove them
unless they are very loose and get caught on things. Some breeders
remove them automatically, but I've had many retrievers who go out in
heavy brush and such, all with intact dewclaws, and never a problem.

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old October 17th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lynne

"whitt" wrote in news:1161056266.569191.225360
@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

bought pup that had dew claws and tail docked. After 6 months my vet
finds a dew claw still intact. Was it responsiblity to have the pup
checked out by my vet earlier or is it the seller or the vet that
removed them?

How did you not notice the dew claw yourself??

--
"Lynne" lover of mutts and feral kitties

Old October 19th 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
whitt

Lynne wrote:
"whitt" wrote in news:1161056266.569191.225360
@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

bought pup that had dew claws and tail docked. After 6 months my vet
finds a dew claw still intact. Was it responsiblity to have the pup
checked out by my vet earlier or is it the seller or the vet that
removed them?

How did you not notice the dew claw yourself??

--
"Lynne" lover of mutts and feral kitties

When I took her to the vet to have spayed he said she had one dew claw
that wasn't removed. I was wondering if the seller or the vet that took
the dew claws off should pay for this?

Old October 19th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet B

On 18 Oct 2006 18:25:06 -0700, "whitt" ,
clicked their heels and said:

When I took her to the vet to have spayed he said she had one dew claw
that wasn't removed. I was wondering if the seller or the vet that took
the dew claws off should pay for this?

That's not what Lynne asked. You've had her for several months and
you never noticed it? Do you not cut nails? And it's just not the
end of the world - why do anything?

Old October 19th 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
shelly

whitt wrote:

When I took her to the vet to have spayed he said she had one dew claw
that wasn't removed. I was wondering if the seller or the vet that took
the dew claws off should pay for this?

Neither. It was your responsibility to have the pup checked by a
vet when you first purchased it. Six months later is not the
appropriate time to suddenly realize your dog has a dew claw.

What breed is the dog and where is the dew claw located?

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)

Torn dew claw DeeDee Dog health 33 October 1st 06 07:05 PM
Torn dew claw DeeDee Dog health 0 September 24th 06 06:39 AM
Torn dew claw DeeDee Dog health 0 September 24th 06 06:39 AM
Torn dew claw DeeDee Dog health 0 September 24th 06 06:39 AM
Torn dew claw DeeDee Dog health 0 September 24th 06 06:39 AM