In Getting into the Wrong Side of the Bed News

Old October 19th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.religion.kibology

Default In Getting into the Wrong Side of the Bed News

After a month, Miss Brown has finally figured out that the bed has
*two* sides. She got up to look out the window last night (Kira the
Sibe was singing her heart out next door), and when she came back, I
felt her creeping into bed from the "wrong" side.

Also, *foxes*. We saw a red fox this morning while we were out
walking. Harriet wasn't sure what to make of it, which I guess is a
good thing.

That is all.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old October 19th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet B

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:10:06 -0400, shelly ,
clicked their heels and said:

We saw a red fox this morning while we were out
walking. Harriet wasn't sure what to make of it, which I guess is a
good thing.

We get them in the yard once in a great while, but they usually stay
on the other side of the fence. OTOH, I believe they were responsible
for my yard being virtually covered with seagull feathers and parts, a
few years ago. Not sure the dogs have ever noticed them.
--
Janet Boss
Old October 19th 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Janet B wrote:

We get them in the yard once in a great while, but they usually stay
on the other side of the fence.

This one was trotting along the front edges of people's front yards,
next to the street. We're on the very edge of town, so I guess it's
not surprising that there's a good bit of wildlife here. We had
deer in the back field over the weekend. *That* was all kinds of
exciting. (Not that deer and foxes aren't often found *in* town,
but I expect they are more common on the outskirts.)

OTOH, I believe they were responsible
for my yard being virtually covered with seagull feathers and parts, a
few years ago.

We've got bunnies galore, so I imagine that's what attracted the
fox. Also, it was apparently trash morning for the houses on my street.

Not sure the dogs have ever noticed them.

Harriet definitely noticed it. I think she was too busy being
confused by the fact that it wasn't a dog, but it wasn't prey.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old October 19th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.religion.kibology
Otto Bahn

"Suja" wrote

After a month, Miss Brown has finally figured out that the bed has
*two* sides.

Told ya, she'll figure it out eventually. Oh ye of little faith....

I had a dog that for several years would only go in the
same door it went out of. Since we were living in a the
middle of some townhouses at the time, this could be a
pain at times.

--oTTo--

Old October 19th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.religion.kibology
Cam

Suja wrote:
"shelly" wrote in message:

After a month, Miss Brown has finally figured out that the bed has
*two* sides.

Told ya, she'll figure it out eventually. Oh ye of little faith....

Also, *foxes*. We saw a red fox this morning while we were out
walking. Harriet wasn't sure what to make of it, which I guess is a
good thing.

Very. Have her get in touch with Khan about that, though.

KHAAAANNNNN!!!!!!

He has very
distinct (and disturbing) ideas about what must be done with the varmints.

Suja

Old October 19th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.religion.kibology
Suja

"shelly" wrote in message:

After a month, Miss Brown has finally figured out that the bed has
*two* sides.

Told ya, she'll figure it out eventually. Oh ye of little faith....

Also, *foxes*. We saw a red fox this morning while we were out
walking. Harriet wasn't sure what to make of it, which I guess is a
good thing.

Very. Have her get in touch with Khan about that, though. He has very

Old October 19th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.religion.kibology
Robin Nuttall

Suja wrote:
"shelly" wrote in message:

After a month, Miss Brown has finally figured out that the bed has
*two* sides.

A year and a half ago I rearranged my bedroom. The bed had been pushed
against the far wall, with a window on the right. For years, Viva would
get up on the side of the bed closest to the window, facing the window
(and facing me on my left side if I was on my back).

I basically flipped it 180, taking the bed and pushing the head against
the near wall. Viva STILL will only get on the side nearest the window
(now my right side) and face the window. Which means I'm greeted with
Doberman Anus each morning. Sigh.
Old October 19th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.religion.kibology
TaraG

"Robin Nuttall" wrote in message
I basically flipped it 180, taking the bed and pushing the head against
the near wall. Viva STILL will only get on the side nearest the window
(now my right side) and face the window. Which means I'm greeted with
Doberman Anus each morning. Sigh.

This is when choosing a fluffy tailed breed pays off.

Tara

Old October 20th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:47:13 -0400, "Suja" wrote:

Told ya, she'll figure it out eventually. Oh ye of little faith....

Remember, we're talking about the dog of little brane.

Very. Have her get in touch with Khan about that, though. He has very
distinct (and disturbing) ideas about what must be done with the varmints.

She might be persuaded that they're varmints, but this is also the dog
who pretends that coyotes do not exist. "Nothing to see here, move
along!"

--
Shelly

Never put a sock in a toaster.
-- Eddie Izzard
Old October 20th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.religion.kibology

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:37:19 -0400, "Otto Bahn" wrote:

I had a dog that for several years would only go in the
same door it went out of. Since we were living in a the
middle of some townhouses at the time, this could be a
pain at times.

At least it didn't try to go into the neighbors' houses. Harriet, on
the other hand...

--
Shelly

If you've never seen an elephant ski then you've never been on acid.
-- Eddie Izzard