stupid pet tricks

Old October 21st 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

Default stupid pet tricks

I was just doing some 'training' with Roxy. We have a few stupid tricks
that are just fun, like high five and dance-dance (she will stand up on
her hind legs and dance with me. My daughter taught her this one).

Back in grad school, my husband and I had a wonderful labXshepherd who
was bigger than me. Her name was Raven and she lived 13 wonderful years.
My husband taught her the greatest trick, I'm thinking of teaching it to
Roxy.

"Missionary, Raven" --- Raven would lay on her back and spread her front
and rear legs.

The first time my mother saw this trick she was mortified. It still
makes me smile.

- Lynne
Old October 22nd 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Sat, 21 Oct 2006 12:44:09 GMT, diddy wrote:

Finds keys, and remote controls

damn impressive list, but this one really stood out. *I* can't even do
this with consistency!

- Lynne
Old October 22nd 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

if you sneeze, he runs, finds the kleenex box and offers it to you

I wish I could teach my dogs this but I think the tissue box is too big and
heavy for them to carry it to me. Maybe when I get a standard poodle I
can try this one. It would be mighty helpful during allergy season!

Old October 22nd 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

MauiJNP wrote:
if you sneeze, he runs, finds the kleenex box and offers it to you

I wish I could teach my dogs this but I think the tissue box is too big and
heavy for them to carry it to me. Maybe when I get a standard poodle I
can try this one. It would be mighty helpful during allergy season!

They could probably handle a purse-sized pack of tissues...
unless they decided it was more fun to rip the tissues out of the
package.

Dylan's trick was a bit less useful. Whenever she'd me hear
blowing my nose, she'd come running, and then try to snatch the
tissue out of my hand, sometimes mid-blow. No, she didn't
deposit it in the trash, but she did dispose of it - if she got
it, she'd run away, shred it and eat it. :-P

FurPaw

--
"None of us is as smart as all of us."
Oh yeah? None of us is as stupid as all of us, either.

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old October 23rd 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

if you sneeze, he runs, finds the kleenex box and offers it to you

I wish I could teach my dogs this but I think the tissue box is too big
and heavy for them to carry it to me. Maybe when I get a standard
poodle I can try this one. It would be mighty helpful during allergy
season!

They could probably handle a purse-sized pack of tissues... unless they
decided it was more fun to rip the tissues out of the package.

they would certainly decide it is WAY more fun to rip the tissues out than
bring them to me.

Dylan's trick was a bit less useful. Whenever she'd me hear blowing my
nose, she'd come running, and then try to snatch the tissue out of my
hand, sometimes mid-blow. No, she didn't deposit it in the trash, but she
did dispose of it - if she got it, she'd run away, shred it and eat it.
:-P

sounds like what I'd expect of Maui and Cali

Old October 23rd 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
TaraG

"MauiJNP" wrote in message

if you sneeze, he runs, finds the kleenex box and offers it to you

I wish I could teach my dogs this but I think the tissue box is too big
and heavy for them to carry it to me. Maybe when I get a standard
poodle I can try this one. It would be mighty helpful during allergy
season!

With the teeny dogs, you just shift the trick so that they go get you a
tissue *from* the box, rather than bring the whole box.

Its cute.

Tara

Old October 23rd 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Mon, 23 Oct 2006 01:16:07 GMT, "TaraG" wrote:

With the teeny dogs, you just shift the trick so that they go get you a
tissue *from* the box, rather than bring the whole box.

Its cute.

suddenly, 'missionary' doesn't impress me anymore. ;-)

I need to make this dog more useful!

--
- Lynne
Old October 23rd 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
TaraG

"Lynne" wrote in message
on Mon, 23 Oct 2006 01:16:07 GMT, "TaraG" wrote:

With the teeny dogs, you just shift the trick so that they go get you a
tissue *from* the box, rather than bring the whole box.

Its cute.

suddenly, 'missionary' doesn't impress me anymore. ;-)

I need to make this dog more useful!

You kidding? You get so many points for creativity on that one....

.....not to mention points for irreverence.

Tara

Old October 23rd 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Amy Dahl

diddy wrote:

As for his find the keys .. I have a small nitro pill bottle (the teeny
kind you put on your neck.) I took out the "o"-ring that seals moisture
out. I took a cotton swab, and dipped it in coyote attractant. I can't
smell it in the nitrobottle, but Tuck certainly can. I attached one of
these on all my keys. No matter where they are, Tuck can sniff them out,
and find them. It's the only think in the house with that distinctive
smell, so he can easily locate them. The nitro fob is never in the way on
the key chain. You don't notice it. But it's guaranteed never to have your
keys lost.
I trained it by when he sniffed it (and he naturally would, being a canine
attractant) I clicked and treat. eventually this lead to his searching for
it in an area, then aroom, and ultimately anywhere in the house. ANYONE
can teach their dog to find their car keys with this method.

I'm going to try this. I can find another use for coyote
attractant while I'm at it.

Amy Dahl

Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! _____________---_lyhsikux Scott Dog activities 0 November 7th 04 04:04 PM
stupid cop tricks culprit Dog behavior 4 April 30th 04 11:11 PM
stupid cop tricks culprit Dog behavior 0 April 30th 04 10:37 PM
stupid cop tricks culprit Dog behavior 0 April 30th 04 10:37 PM
stupid cop tricks culprit Dog behavior 0 April 30th 04 10:37 PM