suden odd seizure like behavior

Old October 23rd 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default suden odd seizure like behavior

Hi:

My Dalmatian, Maggie is 11. We got her at 2---she was a rescue. She has
been fine except for a heart murmur (grade 3---has remained unchanged)
for which she takes Enalpril 10mg per day. She is always skittish
during loud noises or thunderstorms. She has always been a fairly shy
dog.

Lately this just started---4 times in 3 months---for no apparent reason
she will become listless---not really the symptoms of
seizure-but-panting, shaking, and wobbly if she tries to get up.
She seems to be half unaware of what is going on. After a while-she
completely returns to normal.

Her blood functions are high in some areas:
\
Bun---has bounced around from 27.1 to 36. creatine has bounced from
1.5 to 1.9.

We are going to a new, older vet tomorrow to try to get a handle on
this.

Anyone have any input or advice?

Thx and peace

Old October 24th 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"Rocky" wrote in message
I've tried to help with a seizure-related questions on this
group, but I feel uncomfortable with your particular situation.

.........Matt, Addison's, Addison's, Addison's. Gotta be ruled out.

Old October 25th 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Rocky

"buglady" said in
rec.pets.dogs.health:

Matt, Addison's, Addison's, Addison's. Gotta be ruled out.

I know nothing about Addison's as it relates to possible
seizures. My veterinary knowledge is extremely/overly focused
on my dog's type of seizures, which is why I recommended that
the OP go back to a vet for more information.

But: I'm looking up Addison's right now.

--
--Matt. Rocky's a Dog.