AD: Dog Sweatshirts

Old October 27th 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities
Kate

Default AD: Dog Sweatshirts

I created a website for sweatshirts and put in for you, all the best
dog designs I could find - check it out!

http://www.sweatshirtworld.com/dog1.htm

Old October 27th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities

In article .com,
Kate wrote:
I created a website for sweatshirts and put in for you, all the best
dog designs I could find - check it out!

I think what you're doing is kind of tacky, although not as
tacky as a lot of those sweatshirts. If I wanted a
tasteless sweatshirt from a rescue organization I'd go
directly to them rather than line your pockets.

Although, one of the things that your nonsense (and similar,
like *banter) gives me a kick about is that we're seeing the
democratization of exploitation of labor. You no longer
need a capital investment in order to profit from someone
else's work. My suspicion is that rather than creating
surplus value you're probably cutting into the profits of
(taking a commission from) the groups whose shirts you're
pimping. Am I right?

Betweem 2000 and 2005, the US government's future liabilities increased
by $26 trillion. The single largest increment is Medicare Part D.
Old October 29th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities
[email protected]

On 27 Oct 2006 14:19:40 -0400 Melinda Shore whittled these words:
In article .com,
Kate wrote:
I created a website for sweatshirts and put in for you, all the best
dog designs I could find - check it out!

I think what you're doing is kind of tacky, although not as
tacky as a lot of those sweatshirts. If I wanted a
tasteless sweatshirt from a rescue organization I'd go
directly to them rather than line your pockets.

Although, one of the things that your nonsense (and similar,
like *banter) gives me a kick about is that we're seeing the
democratization of exploitation of labor. You no longer
need a capital investment in order to profit from someone
else's work. My suspicion is that rather than creating
surplus value you're probably cutting into the profits of
(taking a commission from) the groups whose shirts you're
pimping. Am I right?

It is a CafePress affiliate site. It is bad form to post in this
manner although the last time I saw someone do it I couldn't find a
clear enough anti-spam policy on that.

Most of the products being sold have nothing at all to do with rescue.
The owner of the site would indeed be taking a commission from those
shops, although many WANT their shops advertised and are willing to pay
the commission for a sale that otherwise never would have happened.

As both a CafePress shop keeper and affiliate I think this kind of "use
the group but don't contribute to the group" behavior sucks. The shop
keepers have no control over who sells their products as affiliates, which
is always a concern when the affiliate behaves in a way that reflects
poorly on the shop keeper. OTOH when an affiliate behaves with good
business ethics I don't begrudge paying for successful results of
advertising. Just exactly like creating the affiliate site takes not much
more investment than time, neither did creating any of those products.
IOW there is no more upfront investment by those shop keepers than there
is by the affiliate. And as is evident, the level of talent and skill in
creating designs varies considerably.

It is kind of hard to select the "best" dog designs when choosing breed
designs for breeds you know nothing about. Many of the breed images come
from clip art and are really sucky representations of their breed - and of
course many are types of dogs, not breeds at all. And some images are
stolen - I've managed to track down and report a handful - CafePress
does take that seriously.

--
Diane Blackman
There is no moral victory in proclaiming to abhor violence
Old October 31st 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities
Kate

Kate wrote:
[...]

Hi Dianne,
Good to see you again. We talked quite a while at the cp
conference.

I carefully looked for a faq or list of rules that ruled out ads, but
didn't see anything. Most newsgroups don't mind ads if you label them
as such, so I did. Perhaps if you developed such a faq, it would
help.

I do have a lot of experience in what the various breeds look like,
being a longtime show breeder and dog artist. I put a lot of work into
this affliate site - far more than a hundred hours alone.

People have to specifically make their designs available for
affliating, so they agree to the cut, which is small enough - I take
the same cut when my designs are affliated, and quite a few of the ones
on this site are my own designs and drawings The idea is to make the
effort of marketing other designs worth it.

All these designs have been out there for at least 6 months, so my
guess is that if they were stolen, they would have been reported by
now. But you know as well as I, I have no control over that aspect,
other than to report what I know is stolen, and I have.

Thanks for your comments.

Kate

Old October 31st 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities

In article .com,
Kate wrote:
I carefully looked for a faq or list of rules that ruled out ads, but
didn't see anything. Most newsgroups don't mind ads if you label them
as such, so I did.

No, they don't, and they never did. The only ones I know of
in which ads are considered okay are the .marketplace and
..forsale newsgroups and, for some reason, the triathlon
newsgroup.

Market gains by President/Congressional Party:
http://www.vankampen.com/vksite/news...line103006.asp
Old November 1st 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities
Kate

Melinda Shore wrote:
In article .com,
Kate wrote:
I carefully looked for a faq or list of rules that ruled out ads, but
didn't see anything. Most newsgroups don't mind ads if you label them
as such, so I did.

No, they don't, and they never did. The only ones I know of
in which ads are considered okay are the .marketplace and
.forsale newsgroups and, for some reason, the triathlon
newsgroup.
--

I've been on usenet for decades. Most of the ones I frequent do.
Probably 75 percent. I've never had anyone object before to an ad I

Not every group is the same. If it's a problem, the accepted answer is
to post a faq on a regular basis. That is usenet custom.

Old November 1st 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities

In article .com,
Kate wrote:
I've been on usenet for decades.

Me too, and ran some large sites and contributed software.
My first Usenet experience was to cd into the spool
directories and "more" the files. Still running trn,
myself. And no, it's never been common or accepted practice
to advertise in Usenet discussion newsgroups.

Not every group is the same. If it's a problem, the accepted answer is
to post a faq on a regular basis. That is usenet custom.

No, not particularly. But anyway, ads aren't okay here. As
an old-timer and one who thinks that Usenet has value as a
communication medium I'm pretty much not thrilled to watch
you all turn it into yet another place to sell crap.

Old November 1st 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities
[email protected]

On 31 Oct 2006 15:30:54 -0800 Kate whittled these words:
Hi Dianne,
Good to see you again. We talked quite a while at the cp
conference.

I carefully looked for a faq or list of rules that ruled out ads, but
didn't see anything. Most newsgroups don't mind ads if you label them
as such, so I did. Perhaps if you developed such a faq, it would
help.

There has been such a FAQ - don't know where it is. Advertising here is
uncommon - badly received - and usually by puppy millers and the like.
Generally speaking it is better to ask what the convention is.

I do have a lot of experience in what the various breeds look like,
being a longtime show breeder and dog artist. I put a lot of work into
this affliate site - far more than a hundred hours alone.

I have no doubt about the hours involved.

People have to specifically make their designs available for
affliating, so they agree to the cut,

Um - no - actually they have to specifically opt out. Everyone was opted
in by default. And everyone has a hobson's choice - either remove your
items from the CafePress marketplace or allow affiliates to sell your
stuff. The majority of CafePress shopkeepers did not agree, they just
failed to do anything to take themselves out of the CafePress marketplace.

which is small enough - I take
the same cut when my designs are affliated, and quite a few of the ones
on this site are my own designs and drawings.

The cut is 20% which is high in the affiliate scale.

The idea is to make the
effort of marketing other designs worth it.

I agree.

All these designs have been out there for at least 6 months, so my
guess is that if they were stolen, they would have been reported by
now.

Nope, not at all. There is stuff that is stolen in there that is much more
than 6 months old. There isn't much way for you or I to be sure of which
are and which are not. It isn't something we can easily kjnow.

But you know as well as I, I have no control over that aspect,
other than to report what I know is stolen, and I have.

That's right.

Thanks for your comments.

I don't have a problem with the affiliate program. I think despite the
fact that most shop keepers did not choose to make their stuff available
that it works to their advantage. Most haven't a clue of how to promote
their stuff. Undoubtedly you will bring them more sales than they will
get on their own. This just isn't an ad friendly environment. The
function of this group is discussion. Best to ask.

Old November 12th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.animals.dog,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Paula

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:21:52 -0800, "kay7777"
wrote:

I am looking for a rescue dog (Chihuahua)....I am old, I should say older
and need one pass puppyhood....Could any one tell me of an area in
California...bay area....where I might find a rescue dog area???? thank
you, bj

Try searching www.petfinder.com or www.petfinder.org

--
Paula
"Anyway, other people are weird, but sometimes they have candy,
Old November 13th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.animals.dog,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Bigjoe

"kay7777" a écrit dans le message de
. ..
I am looking for a rescue dog (Chihuahua)....I am old, I should say older
and need one pass puppyhood....Could any one tell me of an area in
California...bay area....where I might find a rescue dog area???? thank
you, bj

The_Insanely_Freakin_Simply_Amazing_Grand_Puppy_W

wrote
in message oups.com...
cut

Why would anyone quote this mor*n ??????