Old dog who barks all night

Old October 28th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default Old dog who barks all night

Any ideas why an old dog would take to barking aimlessly in the house
all night long? He just lies there and pants and barks periodically,
with some growling too. He's never looking at anything in particular,
and can even have his eyes shut when he does it. If you try to ignore
him he just does it more but if you sit there and rub him for a long
time he'll usually stay quite and (eventually, after a few tries) go to
sleep. He'll put his head down for a minute and then he'll just sit
right back up again and start panting. During the day he's usually his
old, happy self, but lately he has been barking during the day
sometimes. But he's kept me up almost all night the past two nights.

Old October 28th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article . com,
wrote:
Any ideas why an old dog would take to barking aimlessly in the house
all night long? He just lies there and pants and barks periodically,
with some growling too.

1) vision problems
2) hearing problems
3) endocrine problems
4) cognitive problems
5) ...

all of which suggest that a visit to the vet is in order.

Betweem 2000 and 2005, the US government's future liabilities increased
by $26 trillion. The single largest increment is Medicare Part D.
Old October 28th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On 28 Oct 2006 11:13:05 -0700, wrote:

Any ideas why an old dog would take to barking aimlessly in the house
all night long? He just lies there and pants and barks periodically,
with some growling too. He's never looking at anything in particular,
and can even have his eyes shut when he does it. If you try to ignore
him he just does it more but if you sit there and rub him for a long
time he'll usually stay quite and (eventually, after a few tries) go to
sleep. He'll put his head down for a minute and then he'll just sit
right back up again and start panting. During the day he's usually his
old, happy self, but lately he has been barking during the day
sometimes. But he's kept me up almost all night the past two nights.

You should find some help he

http://www.cdsindogs.com/

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

The Wisdom of Crowds
http://www.tcsdaily.com/article.aspx?id=102306B

U.S. Uneasy for a Reason
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art..._a_reason.html

Whatever you do, read this book (especially if you have children and/or grandchildren)!
America Alone - The End Of The World As We Know It, by Mark Steyn
http://216.92.123.84/product28.html

Where are (on average) 112 cars burned daily, with 15 attacks a day on police and emergency services?
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...414175,00.html

And why? I bet you can't guess.
Old October 28th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Opinicus

wrote

Any ideas why an old dog would take to barking aimlessly in the house
all night long? He just lies there and pants and barks periodically,
with some growling too. He's never looking at anything in particular,

Sigh. How old is he exactly? He may be right on schedule.

They go through these stages so much faster than we do...

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Old October 28th 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

When we found him as a stray the vet told us he was about 7 years old.
That was in 1998. So he could be as old as 15.

wrote

Old October 28th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
AMB

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 14:25:10 -0400, Handsome Jack Morrison
wrote:

You should find some help he

http://www.cdsindogs.com/

Jack,

Thanks for posting that. I'm starting to see a little of that in my
old boy (13 next month) and this looks like a useful resource.

Anne
and Baxter
(who's still a puppy on some days!)
http://baxterob.home.mchsi.com

Old October 29th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

wrote:

You should find some help he

http://www.cdsindogs.com/

Jack,

Thanks for posting that. I'm starting to see a little of that in my
old boy (13 next month) and this looks like a useful resource.

You're welcome, Anne.

It's probably a good time for a trip to the vet then.

Old October 29th 06, 04:02 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.animals.dog,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.rescue,rec.pets.dogs.misc
[email protected]

wrote:
HOWEDY moonlit_sorcery aka despina,

wrote:
Opinicus wrote:

opinicus is a pathetic miserable stinkin lyin animal abusin mental
case.

wrote

Any ideas why an old dog would take to barking
aimlessly in the house all night long?

UNLESS the dog is SICK it's an OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE
DISORDER like you got despina. Purdue SEZ OCD'S are
CAUSED BY STRESS {}: ~ (

He just lies there and pants and barks periodically,

Could be he's got a STRESS INDUCED thyroid problem.

Could be he's JUST FINE EXXXCEPT he's anXXXIHOWES.

You can EXXXTINGUISH his anXXXIHOWESNESS simply by PRAISING him.

Can you tell us - besides you being a child molester - WHY you have to
put "XXX" in every word you can? Just...just give us a clue...

I mean, what is the point? To point OUT that you are a sexual pervert?
Do you WANT people to know that you molest children? There's no
reason for it. Tell us WHY you choose to do that. While you are at
it, tell us why you insert "HOWE" everywhere possible. What's the
point of that? Can you answer this or are you a chicken ****?

Give us the reason for your absolutely stupid writing style. I'm
seriously curious.

(Watch - he'll respond with qoutes from my book about simple
corrections and spraying bitter apple into a dog's mouth - that's the
BEST he can do...idiot.)