True Love

Old October 29th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paula

Default True Love

Molly periodically shuts herself in the small bathroom with her long
fluffy GSD tail. I know she is in there now because she is woofing to
be let out. I don't generally drop everything and run to save her
because, well, it's just not an emergency and the big galoot did it to
herself and can deal with the consequences until it is convenient to
rescue her. But Sammie keeps running to the bathroom door and then to
me and back and forth whimpering in distress. It's like Timmy's in
the well, only her best friend is a dog instead of a kid. I know when
I go let Molly out, there will be great rejoicing and muzzle licking.
They are complete opposites, but bestest friends.

It makes me wonder, though, what would happen if I were trapped
somewhere. I think Molly would try to get me out. Sammie probably
wouldn't care until he got hungry and even then, he'd probably try to
liberate the food instead of liberating me. It's a good thing he
sheds less than a collie or I'd have to trade him in.

--
Paula
"Anyway, other people are weird, but sometimes they have candy,
Old October 29th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Paula,
I just know Molly would go for help, get you out, dial 911 or whatever
it took if she is so comcerned about her side kick. I have a natural
born mother, though she has never had a litter. She worries about the
whole family....She is 14 and keeps an eye on all the dogs and runs the
show and watches me like a hawk.
Molly is a sweetie....you gotta love dogs like her.

Be Free.....Judy

Old October 30th 06, 06:14 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Chris Birkett

Paula wrote:
Molly periodically shuts herself in the small bathroom with her long
fluffy GSD tail. I know she is in there now because she is woofing to
be let out. I don't generally drop everything and run to save her
because, well, it's just not an emergency and the big galoot did it to
herself and can deal with the consequences until it is convenient to
rescue her.

Our old GSD used to do exactly the same thing. Whenever she felt a bit
lonely she would shut herself in the bathroom and demand to be let out

*click* "Bah, not again..." "woof woof!"

Chris