NEED HELP FOR ADOPTED DOG

Old November 1st 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
dogrescue

Default NEED HELP FOR ADOPTED DOG

I need help with a problem that one of our adopters has with her much
loved dog. She adopted a Husky mix from us and really loves the dog.
Her husband however is ready to bring him back. He chews up everything
in sight. What can I do to help her with this problem.

Old November 1st 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Michael A. Ball

On 1 Nov 2006 08:47:01 -0800, "dogrescue" wrote:

...He chews up everything
in sight. What can I do to help her with this problem.

Treat off-limit items with a bitter apple spray. Invest in rawhide
chips, bones, etc. And never under estimate the power of a vinyl squeaky
toy. Most important, the owners need to invest their time, so the dog
won't become bored.

Intelligent dogs will create their own entertainment.

___________________
A dog's life is too short; their only fault really.
Old November 2nd 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Spot

Along with the suggestions here, does she have a kennel to keep him in when
he is unsupervised?

Celeste

Old November 6th 06, 07:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
tyler

Huskys are working dogs,
that were bred to, and love to run ..

I mean really, really run

Some regular seriously strenuous exercise is what the dog is craving.
They are born to run and pull and will run themselves happily to death

I doubt a 20 mile run would barely make a fit husky stiff the next day..

think of googling for and joining a local dog mushing group because
without enough excercise they are terrible dogs.

get the dog excerised though, and they are truly excellent pets.

ups.com...