Rambo STINKS!

Old September 2nd 03, 09:38 PM
dejablues

Default Rambo STINKS!

Rambo, our recently adopted Pug, smells horrible. Even after a bath, he has
an extremely unpleasant , pungent smell. I guess it can be described as
doggy odor x100, with some sort of chemical undertone. He's been this way
since we got him a couple of months ago. His yearly checkup is due September
24th so I'll ask the vet then, but just wanted to see if anyone here had any
ideas. His coat seems to be in good shape, I cleaned his ears, and wiped his
face. He doesn't lack for energy either.It just seems to emanate from his
whole body.
He is having issues with house soiling so I either tether him to me or baby
gate him in the same room, but he smells so bad that I usually end up
crating him in the other room. He literally stinks up the whole room. He is
fed ProPlan lamb and rice, which the other dog also gets (and he smells
fine!)

Thanks!

Old September 2nd 03, 09:53 PM
shelly

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, dejablues wrote:

He is having issues with house soiling so I either tether him
to me or baby gate him in the same room, but he smells so bad
that I usually end up crating him in the other room. He
literally stinks up the whole room.

wow! that sounds like a powerful stench! it could be caused
by an underlying health issue, diet (main food or treats),
over-bathing, or any number of things. it's really impossible
to tell. he might also be getting small amounts of feces on
himself, which would make him stinky.

He is fed ProPlan lamb and rice, which the other dog also
gets (and he smells fine!)

i found that lamb based foods made one of my dogs super stinky
(the other one was slightly stinky, which is abnormal for him,
too).

--
shelly (perfectly foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette
Old September 2nd 03, 09:53 PM
Gwen Watson

shelly wrote:

i found that lamb based foods made one of my dogs super stinky
(the other one was slightly stinky, which is abnormal for him,
too).

--
shelly (perfectly foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette

And then there is the anal gland possibility that I have heard
makes dogs real stinky?

I would be headed for the Vet, if nothing more peace of mind.

Gwen

Old September 2nd 03, 10:22 PM
shelly

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Gwen Watson wrote:

And then there is the anal gland possibility that I have
heard makes dogs real stinky?

aaack! yes, that'll do it, too!

I would be headed for the Vet, if nothing more peace of mind.

yep. that would be the first place to go.

Old September 2nd 03, 11:26 PM
dejablues

I KNOW the anal gland stench, and it's not that! He has an appt. for the
23rd, we'll have to hang in there til then! (PS: he has had 2 baths in the
last 3 months, both wiht puppy shampoo).

Old September 3rd 03, 02:35 AM
dejablues

Oh screw off. We had our first Pug for 13 years and he never smelled at all.
Before we got him we knew several other Pugs that were pretty darn fresh as
well. Are you usually this cranky, Beth?

"Child" wrote in message

"dejablues" wrote in message
[...]

Thats a pug for you. Stinky animals.

Old September 3rd 03, 03:11 AM
Child

"dejablues" wrote in message
Oh screw off. We had our first Pug for 13 years and he never smelled at

all.
Before we got him we knew several other Pugs that were pretty darn fresh

as
well. Are you usually this cranky, Beth?

No, but you are, evidentally.

Pugs are notoriously stinky, prone to stinky skin problems and food stuck to
them. Perhaps you need to research your breed a bit better before insulting
folks for telling you what you should already know.

Old September 3rd 03, 03:56 AM
Child

"dejablues" wrote in message
Then maybe you can recall this? You had nothing constructive to add to
this thread, Beth, but you had to stick your ass in anyway.
You hadn't ought to have said anything at all, according to your mother!
From: "Child"
Newsgroups: rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Subject: Sad News.. I need someone to take my dogs
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 18:54:42 -0800

"culprit" wrote in message

ok, how come everyone is all nice and sympathetic about this situation,

when
you all flame every other person who considers rehoming their dogs?

how come no one is asking if she'd ditch a child when she got a

promotion?
how come no one is asking why she didn't think about the dogs when she
agreed to work 12 hour days?

because my mother taught me not to say anything if you don't have

anything
nice to say.

If you are a Pug expert, by all means , show me , and I will accept your
superior knowledge. But somehow I doubt that. "Pugs are notoriously

stinky,
prone to stinky skin problems and food stuck to them. Perhaps you need

research your breed a bit better before insulting folks for telling you
what you should already know."Please...cite! Cite!

No, you first! Please cite cite - where have I "insulted" you in any way,
shape or form?

LOL! You really need to take a valium or have a drink.

I know two pug breeders, and I know pugs are prone to stinky skin problems.
Why don't you do a search on the web for yourself!

here is a url for you to start with!!
http://www.pugs.org/health/skin.htm

Old September 3rd 03, 04:40 AM
dejablues

I've had pugs since 1987 . Would you like me to tell about the stinky
Poodles, Labs, GSD's, Cockers, Corgis, mixed breeds etc I've known over the
years?
Post *your* "helpful", "useful" advice, please, ( you have some, I
trust?) not just something you found on the web, or you heard from someone
else...if Google would have helped me, I wouldn't have asked here in this
NG. Just stating that Pugs stink really, really, is not helpful, Beth. For
God's sake.
Saying you "know" something, and not having had actual experience with it,
isn't very helpful, dear.
And remember, if you can't say something "nice" (and useful to othersl)
don't say anything at all. (Thanks Mom!)

From: "Child"
Newsgroups: rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 18:54:42 -0800