Trying to put weight on my 2 new rotties

Old November 3rd 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
gump

Default Trying to put weight on my 2 new rotties

Me and my wife just went and rescued 2 rotties that are approximately 8
months old. The male is malnurished and so is the female worst than the
male. You can see both of these puppies hip bones and ribs. I'm
wondering what is the best way to put the weight back on these 2
georgous puppies to get them back to the way they are suppose to be.

Old November 3rd 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Dan

"gump" wrote in message
ups.com...
Me and my wife just went and rescued 2 rotties that are approximately 8
months old. The male is malnurished and so is the female worst than the
male. You can see both of these puppies hip bones and ribs. I'm
wondering what is the best way to put the weight back on these 2
georgous puppies to get them back to the way they are suppose to be.

If it were me, and after I'd had them examined by the vet, and ensured they
don't have worms, I'd just keep a bowl a food down for them the whole day
and night until you get them up to weight. Then, of course, put them on a
regulated diet.

Old November 3rd 06, 06:53 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
gump

Dan wrote:
"gump" wrote in message
ups.com...
Me and my wife just went and rescued 2 rotties that are approximately 8
months old. The male is malnurished and so is the female worst than the
male. You can see both of these puppies hip bones and ribs. I'm
wondering what is the best way to put the weight back on these 2
georgous puppies to get them back to the way they are suppose to be.

If it were me, and after I'd had them examined by the vet, and ensured they
don't have worms, I'd just keep a bowl a food down for them the whole day
and night until you get them up to weight. Then, of course, put them on a
regulated diet.

we have them a vet appointment tomorrow and we have them food down at
all times but the stool is real watery and they cant control their boul
movements it seems like.

Old November 4th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Frank Morris

Howdy Gump,
See what the vet says. I would think they would have the dogs eat
normal amounts of food.

Frank X. Morris http://community.webtv.net/Sulkhalil/ChimeandFriends

Old November 4th 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Ron Hardin

With normal dogs, a tablespoon of (full-fat) cottage cheese seems to help
diarrhea. On top of which, they like it. (Tip from a pharmicist. It worked.)

Brown rice cooked up normally is good for adding bulk. They like that too.

--
Ron Hardin

Old November 13th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
MauiJNP

Brown rice cooked up normally is good for adding bulk. They like that
too.

that's the first I heard of that. Are there any other foods that help add
bulk?