Speaking of Peechurs

Old November 2nd 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Default Speaking of Peechurs

I took these of Miss Brown a few days ago. I won't mention how many I
had to shoot to get a handful of halfway acceptable photos, but it was
several quantities of "many." The second one came out pretty well, I
think. Also, the first one is a very good example of why flash is
problematic. Note that there are harsh shadows and that the depth
between the shadowed areas is flattened. It's like a bunch of paper
cut-outs have been stacked on top of each other. Not good.

The first four are the new ones. They were taken on a cold, wet,
drizzly day. Harriet was sitting on the couch, looking out the patio
window at the rain. She reminded me of a bored, grumpy little kid
wishing the rain could go away so she could have some fun. And, yes,
there *was* much labored sighing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/sets/379556/

--
Shelly

The more he looked inside the more Piglet wasn't there.
-- A.A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Old November 3rd 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Sandy in OK

Here's my totally unrepentant little camera hog in her Halloween
portrait. I'll see if this comes through
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64198890@N00/?saved=1

Old November 3rd 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet B

On 2 Nov 2006 15:20:33 -0800, "Sandy in OK" ,
clicked their heels and said:

Here's my totally unrepentant little camera hog in her Halloween
portrait. I'll see if this comes through
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64198890@N00/?saved=1

Came through fine - nice lighting - I definitely never have that! Even
outdoor pics with gold dogs and a black dog - the black dog so often
becomes a blob.

--
Janet Boss
Old November 3rd 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Sandy in OK

Janet B wrote:
Came through fine - nice lighting - I definitely never have that! Even
outdoor pics with gold dogs and a black dog - the black dog so often
becomes a blob.

Have to admit - I can't take credit for the quality of the picture. A
couple of ladies from the obedience club school set up a photo session
- with proceeds going to the club, and since I was out of town last
week, got mine last night. In doing dog pastel portraits - black dogs
are difficult. The hardest are black dogs with non-reflective coats -
like a Newf. Sandy in OK

Old November 3rd 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

Whadda face!
She _really_ oughta be in show biz.

I agree, she is very photogenic.

Old November 3rd 06, 04:02 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

Here's my totally unrepentant little camera hog in her Halloween
portrait. I'll see if this comes through
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64198890@N00/?saved=1

what a cute picture!

Old November 3rd 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky

"Sandy in OK" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Here's my totally unrepentant little camera hog in her
Halloween portrait. I'll see if this comes through
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64198890@N00/?saved=1

I can see the back of her skull through those nostrils! Good
picture, good smile.

Old November 3rd 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky

shelly said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

The first four are the new ones. They were taken on a
cold, wet, drizzly day.

Add "muddy" to that and you've got my spring. Worstest time of
the year.

Harriet was sitting on the couch,
looking out the patio window at the rain. She reminded me
of a bored, grumpy little kid wishing the rain could go
away so she could have some fun.

We've got another snow coming down. It cleans up the yard real
nice.

Old November 3rd 06, 12:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Sandy in OK wrote:
Here's my totally unrepentant little camera hog in her Halloween
portrait. I'll see if this comes through
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64198890@N00/?saved=1

She sparkles!

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old November 3rd 06, 12:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

MauiJNP wrote:
Here's my totally unrepentant little camera hog in her Halloween
portrait. I'll see if this comes through
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64198890@N00/?saved=1

what a cute picture!

Thanks! She's a wonderful dog for picture taking, because she's
photogenic and she understands holding poses. I ought to loan her
out to Janet.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)