Closing brings new opportunities for Chicago animal shelter

Old November 3rd 06, 09:42 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue

Default Closing brings new opportunities for Chicago animal shelter

Every Monday night for a year, Julia Chosy, 31, has left her Bucktown
apartment and spent her evening scooping litter boxes, sweeping floors,
changing water bowls and cleaning up hairballs. The three hours she
spends caring for cats at the Furry Friends Foundation in Bucktown are
a highlight of her week, Chosy said.

"I love it," said Chosy as she stroked one of her favorite
red-and-white tabby cats. "It's more than just cleaning. Some of
the cats have come a really long way in terms of socialization. The
volunteers do a lot to build that trust."

After eight years, the Furry Friends Foundation, a no-kill animal
shelter that specialized in housing bully breed dogs, closed Nov. 1.

Read the rest on Methods Reporter.com:
http://www.methodsreporter.com/2006/...nimal-shelter/