Completely OT - political phone calls

Old November 6th 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

Default Completely OT - political phone calls

I'll be SO glad when the election is over tomorrow. I have been getting at
least 1 phone call, sometimes 2 per day for months of that prerecorded
political crap. I got so many calls slamming one candidate in particular
that I absolutely refuse to vote for the candidate responsible for those
calls EVER. And I've written him a letter to make sure he knows that.

/end rant

--
Lynne
Old November 6th 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Lynne wrote:
I'll be SO glad when the election is over tomorrow. I have been getting at
least 1 phone call, sometimes 2 per day for months of that prerecorded
political crap. I got so many calls slamming one candidate in particular
that I absolutely refuse to vote for the candidate responsible for those
calls EVER. And I've written him a letter to make sure he knows that.

Make sure you actually know who originated the calls. There
have been dirty tricks this year, where one campaign
generates a bunch of *really* annoying phone messages
attributing them to the other guy.

I have an unlisted number and haven't received any -
neener. I'm still receiving two fliers/day from the
Republicans, though.

Freedom!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr5tx0lcyQc
Old November 6th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Mon, 06 Nov 2006 18:30:19 GMT, "Suja" wrote:

I really ought to register for one party or the other; it would cut
down on the calls, I think. Friends of mine who are registered are
only getting calls from candidates (and well wishers) of that party.

I am not registered for either party, either. I feel certain that is the
root cause of all the phone calls. I may get more, but my kids have
learned that when the number shows 000-000-0000 to pick up, press a key and
hang up, too. That way they don't get to spew their dribble to my voice
mail, either.

Dogs are so lucky they don't have to worry about phone calls! (See, now
this is a relevant thread.)

--
Lynne
Old November 6th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Lynne" wrote in message:

I'll be SO glad when the election is over tomorrow.

Ditto that.

I have been getting at
least 1 phone call, sometimes 2 per day for months of that prerecorded
political crap.

Consider yourself lucky. You must not live in one of those places where a
race is considered a tossup. We've been averaging something like 5 a day,
including at night. And that doesn't include the insta-polls.

Old November 6th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Lynne wrote:
I have a PO Box and a house mail address. I get the crap twice... Neener
is right.

I've been trying to cut down on the amount of garbage and
recyclables I generate, and aside from changing my shopping
habits that's included things like letting magazine
subscriptions lapse. It's particularly galling to watch my
recycling bin fill up with that campaign crap, particularly
given that so much of it is filthy smears that has nothing
to do with issues anybody cares about. (I'm also
Independent).

I see the possibility of campaign reform as another reason
to go to the polls tomorrow and vote the f*ckers out. And
boy, if I lived where Suja does I'd be camping out at the
polling place overnight to make sure I got in as early as
possible to vote against Macacawitz. One nice thing about
NY state is that while our GOP candidates tend to be wrong
(although there have been some good ones [but on the other
hand the good ones like Amo Houghton and our very own
Sherwood Boehlert have been run out of the Republican party
by the extremists and fanatics]) they don't tend to be
disgusting.

Old November 6th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Lynne wrote:
on Mon, 06 Nov 2006 18:30:19 GMT, "Suja" wrote:

I really ought to register for one party or the other; it would cut
down on the calls, I think. Friends of mine who are registered are
only getting calls from candidates (and well wishers) of that party.

I am not registered for either party, either. I feel certain that is the
root cause of all the phone calls. I may get more, but my kids have
learned that when the number shows 000-000-0000 to pick up, press a key and
hang up, too. That way they don't get to spew their dribble to my voice
mail, either.

Being registered doesn't help much, AFAICT... and I live in an
district where the national and state races are shoo-ins, and I
still have been getting 3 or 4 calls a day for the past two
weeks. I haven't heard the candidate slams, because I hang up as
soon as I perceive that it's a political call. (Dead silence,
followed by a click or two is a hint.)

I think it's great that folks are working so hard to get out the
vote, and I hope that there is a high turnout. But uncle!
Enough already! I already voted! (We have early voting here.)

Dogs are so lucky they don't have to worry about phone calls! (See, now
this is a relevant thread.)

Altogether they have a better take on life than us hoomins.

FurPaw

--
Better dead than Red.

To reply, unleash the dog.