Animal Planet show

Old September 5th 03, 04:58 PM
Surelyyoujest

Default Animal Planet show

Anyone here watch Animal Cops and Animal Precinct? I watch all the time but
spend much time cringing with horror and disgust. I wish the programs would
be carried by the broadcast channels to open the eyes of the oblivious. So
many crimes but the most horrific to me is dog fighting. Surely there is
some sort of grass roots effort to get rid of this disgusting practice.
There is no question in my mind, that many rescue dogs end up as "bait".

Old September 6th 03, 01:52 PM
Guess [email protected] U got Mail.!!!

My husband & I also watch the 2 shows. My husband always asks " How can
anybody do that to an animal?" When we seen the ones about the starved
horses he was in tears. Then about a week ago there was one abou a
pitbull named Yo Yo, Remember him? He was tied to a milk crate & someone
else in the same building had his brother & that dog was nice & healthy?
When YO YO got better the social workers took him for walks to see how
he would react & YO YO couldn't walk the right way? That dog was so
cute. There's a dog at Thomas O'Connor thats been there sense April 2003
well it was there yesterday.Don't know why no body hasn't adopted it
yet.It's a Staffordshire Terrier and it has blue eyes.
http://tjoconnor.net/tjoconnor6.htm ID# 12026 of course there's alot
more like a blind pitbull one that's vision empaired.

=A0
=A0=A0
NO ANIMALS SHOULD NEVER EVER BE ABUSED
http://community-2.webtv.net/chowcho...alsshouldEVER/

$2,000 Reward for Dog Fighters
Thousands of dogs are tortured, maimed, and killed each year because
their owners think that it is fun to watch animals tear each other
apart.=A0 Dog fighting is cruel and it is a crime.=A0 If you know
someone who is involved, you can help put an end to this horror.
Animal Adoption Network offers a reward of up to $2,000 for information
leading to the arrest and conviction of any person who organizes or
officiates dogfights.
Call your local animal control or police/sheriff's department to report
a crime and notify Animal Adoption Network.
=A0
=A0
=A0
=A0
=A0
=A0

http://community.webtv.net/Fr0mMyPet...ThomasJOConnor

http://community.webtv.net/Fr0mMyPet...ableDogsCatsat

http://community.webtv.net/Fr0mMyPet...AN_DogAdoption

Old September 6th 03, 07:54 PM
Surelyyoujest

Nice looking dogs on site. Most of these places only do local adoptions
though and I am in Fla. I have a pit bull mix and she is a real lover.
I remember Yo Yo very well. Hope she gets a good home. What really bothers
me is that all the pit bulls they rescue are put to sleep. Apparently a
state law. There is a great tragedy in that. Dogs are classed by breed and
not individually. Some they hauled away looked so sweet and friendly. I can
understand the more aggressive ones being euthanized but there is something
that gnaws at me when I think of the pet quality ones that are lost.

Old September 7th 03, 01:37 AM
Guess [email protected] U got Mail.!!!

Yes in Michigan most of them are.Maybe a coupe are given a chance if
they never been in a fight but f they were then they are put down. I had
a Snawzer Poodle who was already neutered when I got him. There was an
ad in the newspaper about him & he was free. They called him a Snoodle.
I found out after I brought him home that he was nuts. I couldn't
believe it. He for no reason would attack anyone's feet. I mean any
ones. He was like a piranhas & if he was given a ham bone he would take
it some place & a day or 2 later he would purposely put it in peoples
way knowing they have to walk near it so he could go after them . I have
a son who did time in jail & that little dog would have my son on his
bed calling for me or my husband. The dog's name was Buddy & I was told
that he's a watch dog [meaning watch him] He didn't get along with other
dogs but I got another dog about the same time that came from the
railroad tracks. Both were the same size & the very first time the met
Buddy tried to take over but first squabble was the new dog winning, [
no blood was shed at all] 2nd squabble came to a tie so Ivan & Buddy
got along but no other dog could come near Buddy with out Buddy starting
a fight. Kittens Buddy loved. I remember bring this little kitten home.
The poor thing was all dirty & Buddy had his face all over the kitten &
you could hear his teeth going. When he got his head away from that
kitten the kitten looked hairless. I thought that Buddy took all his fur
off but what he did was clean every bit of dirt off him. Buddy wouldn't
let anyone go near him to clip his hair. I mean he would show his teeth
& he would bite & because of that he'd get so bad he couldn't go to the
bathroom. I had to put him in a warm tub of water and soaked his behind
& clean it so he would b able to go to the bathroom. I had him for
almost 3 years until one day we both were in my living room & I very
carefully was had my fingers away from his body & my other hand had
scissors & I was going to try to cut away some of that hair on the side
of him when with out warning he jumped at me knocking me down an bit my
arm all over real fast. That dog meant business & if that wasn't bad
enough when he walked away he gave me such a dirty look that I became
scared of him. I called a friend of mine that new about Buddy but still
wanted him. She sends her friend [ who's a cat rescuer] over my house to
get him & Buddy shows his teeth to her but finally my friend comes over
herself & Buddy goes with her. This was in 1992-1994. Now Buddy was a
dangerous dog & he was nuts. The original owner had to want him to b
given a chance to live because she had have him fixed . There's no way
I will keep a dog if I'm afraid of it & Buddy managed to do that. I have
3 dogs one just turn 9 on July 1st. Her name is Kathrin. We also had her
sister Thorndyke until Nov 5th.1998 when we had to have her pts because
she had Bone Cancer in her skull & I have [2 ]10 year old shitzus.Got
them in 1999. They belonged to one of my son's ex-girlfriends who had
them for about 4-5 years. She had a drug problem & had to go for a 6
month drug rehab in Boston. She begged me & My husband to take them in &
take care of them until she could get out. Well guess what. 2003 is
getting close to the end & I have not heard from her at all. My husband
believes that when she found out by her father that I had the female
fixed she didn't want them back & that's a shame. Now about Thomas
O'Connor. If they pick up any dog because he bit someone & he has no
rabie tags.The dog is kept quarantne for 10 days & when it's the 10th
day only the owner can get that dog out. Aperson down the stret from me
has this 10 month old dog that went after this girl riding her bike &
got a hold of her foot. The girl tried to kick the dog away & he got a
better grip. Now this dog is not a viscious dog but he had no tags at
all. It cost his owner $225. to get his dog out of TJO'S. Part ot the
reason was because of the leash law & I talked to someone in that
place.[ Probaby was Thomas O'Connor himself ] about the dog asked him
if the dog's owner don't claim him will he be put up for adoption & the
exact words from him were that if the owner does not claim the dog & get
the dog out.That dog will never leave Thomas O'Connor's.