agility poodle needs new home

Old November 11th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
MauiJNP

Default agility poodle needs new home

This is from another list (with permission to post elsewhere)......

I'm hoping that one of you can help me find a great home for a great dog.
When Bill passed away his wife first considered placing
McGee but then couldn't stand the thought of giving him up so, she kept
him.
Unfortunately, his wife also has a bunch of Dobes and while the dogs have
all gotten along well, McGee isn't doing as well being one of a "pack"
instead of having a special person all his own....which is what Bill was.

Suzanne, Bill's wife, has just contacted me and said that she rather
reluctantly decided that it would be in McGee's best interest to be placed
in a new home. She wants the moon for him....she really wants someone who
does agility since McGee loved his classes so much. I think that would be
wonderful but, I suspect that she could also be talked into a home that
didn't do agility....as long as they'll love him and give him the attention
he deserves.

If anyone here is interested in McGee please email me at [email protected]

mailto:agilitydobe%40comcast.net comcast.net

I would like for McGee to stay in Georgia, I don't want to lose touch
with him. It would have to be a spectacular home for me to think

about sending him out of state. I really wanted him to go to a agility
home, he
has a good home here, I just think both Bill and McGee .
would like to see to
what McGee could do with his natural talent and his love of the game. McGee
seemed to love it so.
This is what I know about McGee

I think he is about 4 years old, He is AKC registered so I need to go to
the boat and find his papers and pedigree which I have seem.
Both his
parents are champions, his AKC name is Sundance McGee. I can't think of the
lady's name who Bill bought him from but the Kennel name is Sundance and I
believe it is near Jonesboro. I think I can find all that in Bill's files
on
the boat. Yes, he is a gray/black. His hips have never been X-ray. I just
took a yard stick to McGee and it looks like it is about 27" at the wither.
McGee eats raw ( 6 to 8 chicken wings a day ) and I would like whom ever
gets him to keep that up if at all possible. He has done wonderful on that
diet. I know everyone has their own ideas about feeding and I also know
some people hate the idea of handling raw food but I would hope they would
try to keep him on that. When Bill first got him, McGee had a sensitive
stomach but he has been on the rare diet for over 2 years and has not had
any trouble at all and he is full of energy. I guess we could negotiate on
that ( grin)