chewing

Old November 15th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
karsan

Default chewing

My cousins dog is starting to to chew on stuff and starting to chew on
wires when she is is at my house when I watch her she is chewing on my
shoes how can I teach her not to chew on my shoes ans socks? I gave her
a stuffed teddy bear and she plays with that bur she chewed on my
glasses and the screw to the lens broke because she chewed up my
glasses. and my new glasses do not come till 3 weeks.

Old November 15th 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet B

On 14 Nov 2006 20:58:45 -0800, "karsan" ,
clicked their heels and said:

My cousins dog is starting to to chew on stuff and starting to chew on
wires when she is is at my house when I watch her she is chewing on my
shoes how can I teach her not to chew on my shoes ans socks? I gave her
a stuffed teddy bear and she plays with that bur she chewed on my
glasses and the screw to the lens broke because she chewed up my
glasses. and my new glasses do not come till 3 weeks.

She needs to be closely supervised whenever she's "free" in the house.
Bitter taste sprays can often help a great deal too. She needs
something to DO instead of being allowed to decide what may be fun on
her own. Exercise, training, focused activity - all good things.

--
Janet Boss
Old November 15th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
karsan

Janet B wrote:
On 14 Nov 2006 20:58:45 -0800, "karsan" ,
clicked their heels and said:

My cousins dog is starting to to chew on stuff and starting to chew on
wires when she is is at my house when I watch her she is chewing on my
shoes how can I teach her not to chew on my shoes ans socks? I gave her
a stuffed teddy bear and she plays with that bur she chewed on my
glasses and the screw to the lens broke because she chewed up my
glasses. and my new glasses do not come till 3 weeks.

She needs to be closely supervised whenever she's "free" in the house.
Bitter taste sprays can often help a great deal too. She needs
something to DO instead of being allowed to decide what may be fun on
her own. Exercise, training, focused activity - all good things.

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

My cousins leave her alone and they go their activites I watch her and
I play with her and she jumps on me and kisses me.

Old November 15th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet B

On 15 Nov 2006 08:15:07 -0800, "karsan" ,
clicked their heels and said:

My cousins leave her alone and they go their activites I watch her and
I play with her and she jumps on me and kisses me.

I'm confused. If she's at YOUR house, and she's jumping and kissing
you, where does chewing on your shoes, wires, etc come in?

--
Janet Boss
Old November 16th 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
karsan

Janet B wrote:
On 15 Nov 2006 08:15:07 -0800, "karsan" ,
clicked their heels and said:

My cousins leave her alone and they go their activites I watch her and
I play with her and she jumps on me and kisses me.

I'm confused. If she's at YOUR house, and she's jumping and kissing
you, where does chewing on your shoes, wires, etc come in?

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

My cousins bring her to my house everyday she decides what she wants to
play with.

Old November 16th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet B

On 15 Nov 2006 16:02:39 -0800, "karsan" ,
clicked their heels and said:

My cousins bring her to my house everyday she decides what she wants to
play with.

ok. So follow the suggestions in my first post. Supervision. Bitter
taste spray. Exercise. Training. Even if she isn't your dog or with
you all of the time, providing those things while she IS with you,
make a world of different. You can't control what goes on in their
house, but you can control what goes on in yours.

--
Janet Boss
Old November 16th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
karsan

Janet B wrote:
On 15 Nov 2006 16:02:39 -0800, "karsan" ,
clicked their heels and said:

My cousins bring her to my house everyday she decides what she wants to
play with.

ok. So follow the suggestions in my first post. Supervision. Bitter
taste spray. Exercise. Training. Even if she isn't your dog or with
you all of the time, providing those things while she IS with you,
make a world of different. You can't control what goes on in their
house, but you can control what goes on in yours.

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

I have been thoaw things for her. I even play with her while I train
her and watch her closey.

Old November 16th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet B

On 15 Nov 2006 19:13:15 -0800, "karsan" ,
clicked their heels and said:

I have been thoaw things for her.

I have no idea what you just typed.

I even play with her while I train
her and watch her closey.

Then when is she chewing on all of your stuff? Your posts aren't
making any sense.

--
Janet Boss
Old November 16th 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
karsan

Janet B wrote:
On 15 Nov 2006 19:13:15 -0800, "karsan" ,
clicked their heels and said:

I have been thoaw things for her.

I have no idea what you just typed.

I even play with her while I train
her and watch her closey.

Then when is she chewing on all of your stuff? Your posts aren't
making any sense.

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

She will chew on my stuff when she does not have anything to play with.

Old November 16th 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"karsan" wrote in message:

She will chew on my stuff when she does not have anything to play with.

Check out http://www.ddfl.org/tips_dogs.htm . Scroll down to 'Destruction'.

Suja