cleaning dog pee from carpet

Old November 15th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default cleaning dog pee from carpet

what's the best way to clean dog pee from plush carpet? i'm currently
using orange scented pinesol.

Old November 15th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Wed, 15 Nov 2006 20:59:28 GMT, montana wildhack
wrote:

It doesn't really do much good unless you use an enzyme cleaner
specially formulated to "eat" the odor of dog accidents.

Yep!

Try Nature's Miracle or something similar (enzymatic cleaner). And really
soak it into the carpet and padding, just like the pee did, so there is no
residual pee odor that might encourage the dog to keep peeing there.

--
Lynne

"Every once in a while, the tables are turned and we get to share our lives
with an animal who takes care of their human." - Tara, rpdb
Old November 16th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Clipzz

When ever my two pups makes a mistake on the floor...we soak the area
with vinegar. Worked so far. The pups don't use the same spot twice...

Old November 16th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

Clipzz wrote:
When ever my two pups makes a mistake on the floor...we soak the area
with vinegar. Worked so far. The pups don't use the same spot twice...

I cleaned up accidents with vinegar for years until I was given a small
bottle of Nature's Miracle. It works so much better at removing stains
and odors, and it doesn't leave your house reeking of salad dressing.

Kathleen