Please please please can someone help me

Old November 17th 06, 09:02 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
sheila

Default Please please please can someone help me

I recently got a german shepherd from a rescue in surry, i am in
scotland, he is 20 months old and he is as strong as an ox, in the
house he is perfect, you couldnt ask for a more loving animal, but when
someone come in like a friend he tries to attack them, and i dont mean
just growling, he will lunge for them, ive had to muzzel him when
anyone comes to the door, he is great with my son and partner though
and doesnt even flinch when my son comes barging in the front door.
When we take him out its horrific, he pulls so much and he is so strong
that we are conatantly stopping and tring to make him sit down, anyone
passes and he is trying to attack them again.
He had me on my arse sitting in the mud this morning trying to hold on
to him and control him, a man and his dog walked past and i was holding
on to his coller, i was so afraid that i wouldnt be able to hold on to
him.
He is so loving in the house that i cant understand whats going on, i
have only had him about 8 days now but im so scared that he will end up
hurting someone and i now dread taking him out, please can anyone help
me?
Sheila