Pet ID Tag...

Old September 20th 03, 05:42 AM
Dave

Default Pet ID Tag...

All pets should wear proper identification. A pet id tag is the best way to
ensure that if your pet is lost, it is returned to you. Many municipalities
are required to hold an animal with a dog tag or cat tag longer than an
animal they find without identification. Easy to order pet tags at
http://www.easypetidtags.com/
Warm Regards,
Dave

Old September 20th 03, 07:50 PM
Vinnie

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Thought "great just what we are looking for"
BUT USA again, Doh any brits out there with this.
--

Vinnie.
---------------------------
. ..

Old September 21st 03, 04:47 AM
Charles Richmond

Vinnie wrote:

---------------------------
"Dave" wrote in message
. ..
All pets should wear proper identification. A pet id tag is the best way

ensure that if your pet is lost, it is returned to you. Many

municipalities
are required to hold an animal with a dog tag or cat tag longer than an
animal they find without identification. Easy to order pet tags at
http://www.easypetidtags.com/

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Thought "great just what we are looking for"
BUT USA again, Doh any brits out there with this.

This company's "durable" pet tag is made of brass. I
prefer tags made of stainless steel. Stainless steel
is very hard and does *not* easily tarnish like brass.

Old September 21st 03, 04:47 AM
Charles Richmond

Vinnie wrote:

---------------------------
. ..

Old September 21st 03, 04:47 AM
Charles Richmond

Vinnie wrote:

---------------------------
. ..

Old September 21st 03, 05:33 AM
Support Your Community Band

Charles,

Your preference for Stainless is certainly your perogative. I might be
inclined to shrug it off and say, "So what?? The company offers what they
offer and the fact you like SS is nice but, So what?" But, instead I will
offer this to any neophyte dog tag buyers who might be mislead by the
inferenence that brass is an inferior tag material.

I have had solid brass tags on my setters since 1976. My dogs get out in
the field, go swimming occasionally, dig in the dirt and do everything else
a dog can do to impose harsh conditions on tags,collars and themselves. The
brass tags lose their shine, to be sure, but that is all. I have never had
a dog's tag retired because it was not readable.

This isn't making a case for the vendor who originally posted the ad. I
know nothing about that company or whether or not there even is such an
outfit.

Brass is a suitable, long lasting material for tags.