RI couple looking to adopt a puppy in Mid-January.

Old November 27th 06, 06:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue

Default RI couple looking to adopt a puppy in Mid-January.

Not certain if this is a good idea... the signal-to-noise ratio here
doesn't look so swell at the moment. Nevertheless...

We're looking to adopt a puppy the third week in January, and can
travel pretty much anywhere in New England for a pick-up.

Breed isn't important - we like mutts! We're more than willing to pay
an adoption fee for a happy and healthy pup, and would prefer to rescue
rather than purchase from a breeder or pet-store. My fiancé and I have
both raised puppies before... we know what we're getting into, and we
have a near ideal home situation for a puppy (huge dog enclosure in a
big backyard for playtime when the puppy gets bigger, no kids or other
dogs, queit rural street, one of us will be home at all hours to look
after the puppy, etc.)

If you have any leads or suggestions to help us find a puppy, feel free
to respond to this post or to drop us a line at:

TIA!

~ Matt (& Jen!)

Old November 27th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
MauiJNP

did you try www.petfinder.org ?

Old November 28th 06, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue

MauiJNP wrote:
did you try www.petfinder.org ?

Yup! We're keeping our eyes on all the local pounds and shelters,
too... the more contacts we make, the better the chances of finding a
puppy. (I sort of feel guilty searching so intently for a puppy rather
than an older dog, but it's important to us for personal reasons.)

Thanks for the reply!

~ Matt